VAR Thread - 2021/22

For many leagues without VAR - they wish they had it.

View attachment 28516
OK I accept all of us are wrong. The fact that yesterday it wasn't used for the offside prior to the penalty wasn't corrupt just ergh one of them things. The fact that people didn't celebrate the first goal is ergh one of those things. The fact that some Scottish journalist needed to write something means I have changed my mind Var is wonderful.

Allowing that offside goal with 8 minutes left (plus 5 minutes of 'where the fuck did that come from') made for an 'exciting' finish. Good for the 'product'.

Bent AS FUCK!!!
in first half we 3 goals first half and 2mins I think of added time. 1 goal second half in normal time but six substitutions. 1 VAR review in each half. so 1st half should have been about 2mins. second half about 4mins if 30 secs added on per incident. plus anytime wasting.

OK I accept all of us are wrong. The fact that yesterday it wasn't used for the offside prior to the penalty wasn't corrupt just ergh one of them things. The fact that people didn't celebrate the first goal is ergh one of those things. The fact that some Scottish journalist needed to write something means I have changed my mind Var is wonderful.

It got loads right over weekend - the Arsenal penalty which the ref wouldn’t have given. mounts goal which VAR correctly called onside. It’s getting loads right - but no one mentions that.

It got loads right over weekend - the Arsenal penalty which the ref wouldn’t have given. mounts goal which VAR correctly called onside. It’s getting loads right - but no one mentions that.
But it ruins the joy and the instant celebration that a goal gives. The whole point of going to a match or watching it on TV is for that adrenaline rush. Without that you may as well know the score and just watch highlights.

The VAR decision making can be heard by the game commentators, that was revealed awhile back. It's no stretch of the imagination that the TV director or whoever is not in VARs ear telling them what they want to see happen ?
That's taking the conspiracy theory to a whole new level !

For many leagues without VAR - they wish they had it.

View attachment 28516

If VAR is the answer and you're such an advocate of it then tell all us City fans whilst you're on here why the Brighton penalty was allowed when one of their forwards was shown to be clearly offside in the build up..

You can't because it's made up decisions on the hoof by faceless, whispering bent fuckers who have stolen the very thing that makes football watchable, the instant enjoyment of seeing your team score a goal..

VAR is here to stay, so again tell me in your opinion why do you think it has not been made audible to the fans in the stadium and the viewers at home ?

What are they so concerned about that they cannot or won't open the mics up ?

They do in Rugby, Cricket, Tennis, American Football, Baseball and Basketball but not football which by coincidence is the richest sport on the planet.

You have dug yourself a huge hole in this thread and come across as a gullible sort who just accepts whatever shit decision VAR dishes out and then can't wait to come on here spouting how great it is..

Either that or you are desperate to save face after backing the wrong horse, probably a bit of both ..

People may forget the unhealthy amount of penalties the rags were awarded to push them into the top 4 the season before last, they were nearly averaging one per game ffs..

People may forget the unhealthy assistance VAR afforded the dippers when they won the title for the first time in 30 years..

Don't tell me, I know what you will say, VAR was being bedded in then so you should accept it making poor decisions, it'll even itself out, it's brilliant now ffs.

VAR, if it's not bent then it's dodgy as fuck which is one and the same to me.

Be interesting to see which of the red shirts it favours today..

Yesterday summed it up nicely. Looked and was a dead cert pen. When the ball was played forward I thought oooh that looks close to offside. When reviewed before the pen was taken one commentator says ‘that looks offside to me but will they go back that far’ t‘other’un says ‘well they have gone back further than that in the past’. Decision ‘not offside’. Says it all. Tierney says it more.

What a specious argument. VAR shouldn't get any wrong

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.