Brighton (A) - Post-Match Thread

We parked on the racecourse for the free park n ride so 99% Brighton fans. No problems at all there or back. Had a nice chat with a mum and her autistic son, saying how good City were and how much Brighton do for the community. Her son plays in an disability league which Brighton are involved in and it gas helped him so much.
During the match to our right in with the Brighton fans was a Lad of about 10 in his City shirt. It was treated with good humour by all. As was another lad we spoke with waiting for the bus, again about 7 in his City shirt and they had been sat in the home crowd.

I havent been to many away grounds but that was so easy to get to and away from. About 20 min wait for the bus , got to the racecourse car park which was mostly empty. Left and never saw a queue, it was like a football match had never taken place , bizarre ! . Unlike City were I am stuck in the car park for an hour than an hour getting through Manchester lol. Mine you we get double the crowd ;).

Mine you some knobhead Brighton fan had a Ronaldo shirt lol
We had a completely different experience, parked in that car park where you have to go under the railway bridge to get to it, took ages to get in and even longer to get out. Brighton fans pushing through in their big land Rovers and what not. The searches on the way in were so obviously targeted at men between the ages of 18-30, had to remove all my keys and phones which was pain.

Proper city away day that yesterday. Great away end and good noise throughout. Walking to the train station before the city fans sounded amazing what with the roof making for great acoustics. Some good banter on the train with Brighton fans on the way. I know our younger element can come in for some stick but they were on it yesterday on the concourse and then carried it on through the game.

Great first half performance. Foden is a different level to most others. Although second half we dropped off I didn’t feel that they would cause us too many issues. As soon as they did score we just took control again and took any fizz out them before they got too giddy.
With regards to the Brighton fans the ones I encountered before and after were all fine. Decent to chat to and complimentary about the game they had seen. Yes there were probably a few doughnuts about but the ones I spoke to were as good as gold.

All in all a top day out and roll on Wednesday.

Bit puzzled, though.
Surely we sing our songs for us? There are one or two I don't join in on, because I don't like them. But whether other fans get it or not, what do we care?
I like all the songs in which we take the piss out of ourselves. I think it sharply distinguishes us from the Anfield cult, and the rags, and just about every other set of fans I know of in the land.
We know where we've come from, we know where we're going. We were in the third division; we then won the lottery and became one of the richest clubs in the world. Not apologising for it, because after all, who would? But our songs refer to our past (or at least the roughest part of it). Not ashamed of any of it. I'm sure you're not either.
Great post mate it really resonated with me because I remember the dark days and the constant smugness of the rags. Being a city fan back then wasn’t easy but we stuck with it and singing the songs of self inflicted piss takes reminds me how grateful I am to see city where they are now. Long may it continue

No on their forum they are just slagging us off. Few examples below from the twats.

’City fans are shit and always have been. That will never change no matter how many billions their dodgy owners plough into the club’

‘The funny thing about City fans is the more blood money they spend the more they turn into United fans’

’They didn’t like me reminding them their club died 10 years ago and we beat them 3-2 and nothing would ever change that - something about a red card and he didn’t touch him and something inaudible in northern… Cheerio - you lost your soul lads’

’Singing a song about a billion in the bank - bellends’

’Rarely get involved in threads like this but they are a classless bunch of *****’

‘They are just a little club who are living off dirty money. Most of their so called fans never went before the money poored in. Self entitled wan*ers the lot of them’

Amazing what jealousy can do to people.
Is this from Red Cafe or Rawk?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.