Ref Watch

I've said this many times, with the counter argument being that it would make the match much longer. The response to that is simply - WHY?
When players realise it's their own time they're wasting, they'll stop doing it. They've still got to play 90 minutes football, and, as highly paid professional athletes, that shouldn't be too difficult. The main problem (not to City) is that it would highlight the inadequacies of many teams and their management, whose sole objective is to stay on the gravy train that is the Premier League by any means possible. If this means by timewasting, feigning injury (playacting/cheating), roughhouse tactics, etc, then so be it. The cry that they don't make as much as the top teams and have to play that way for their survival, is misleading, as all bar bottom team Sheffield United last season earned over £100m from the PL alone.
A breakout of common sense will never happen, of course, as there are too many vested interests in maintaining the status quo, but that is for another thread.
Totally agree. One thing the car teams could be doing is stopping/starting the clock as you say - do away with time added on altogether with play stopping on the dot of 45 & 90 mins.

Watching on TV I thought a Ederson was given a yellow card when he gave the penalty away then got a second one for time-wasting

Strangely I didn’t think Friend was that bad yesterday. The yellow card for Ederson was rubbish, given purely on crowd reaction, but he was giving us free kicks for clear fouls which other refs have been ignoring and allowed our first goal which the usual suspects wouldn’t have.

The 6 second rule has not been in the laws of the game for at least 15 years yet every Sunday league player will quote it to you. Some even count in your ear whilst the keeper has it. The law, basically says, you have to release the ball in a reasonable time. Whatever that is???

In my opinion Kevin Friend was hopeless yesterday. 2 years ago he gave our society a presentation and during the course of the evening consumed 10-12 pints. This was a Tuesday night and he was reffing at St James Park the next day.

i think he had a good night in brighton the night before the game as well ??
the city players and manager have got use to all this crap going on by the officials and just rise above it.
just like pep says its a lot more sweeter winning the title because we don't ask/get any help

Totally agree. One thing the car teams could be doing is stopping/starting the clock as you say - do away with time added on altogether with play stopping on the dot of 45 & 90 mins.

Needs a timekeeper as in Rugby League. Football Referees haven't a clue how long a game should last. Timekeeping needs taking away from them.

Why can't they bring back the rule what ever side the ball goes out that's the side to take the goal kick from. At least it will stop that piss take walk across the 6 yard box

yep crazy

the keeper is the worst person for time wasting and needs redressing and some knew rules with a time limit and a yellow card. even a team punishment with a free kick awarded just like the keeper picking it up on a back pass

but with the new rule about players allowed in the box to take a pass it drives me crazy when the keeper wave them out up field and he has already wasted about 30 seconds then waits to they get up to the half way line

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.