Running thread

I read a sub 20 min 5k training plan yesterday, says if you were sub 20 in your early 20’s and are now in your 50’s you’ll be around the 22:40 mark, I’m under that so I’m sticking with the theory I was well under sub 20 when I was younger.
Sorry mate but Im calling bullshit on that one, Im well under sub 20 now at 45, the only sub I seen in my 20's was every week at football, including five asides when only 4 turned up

I know a runner in his early 50's who runs 17/18 min 5ks.

My mate is the same age as me and can run 18 mins (both 48).
My other mate (same age) has only taken up running over the past year or so and has gone from 28 mins to 20:30....the utter bastard will get sub 20 before me :(

I only took up running five years ago and I've missed most of this year to covid.

Determined to get under that time, but more looking forward to doing some half marathons around Europe next year (weekend away type plans).

Enjoyed yesterday so much out along river for 30 mins again today. Didn't lock myself out of palace and remembered a towel so win win. In law's moving from house to care flat this weekend as unable to look after themselves so well now and I reckon will be busy for next week. Thought I'd grab chance while I could. First time in 59 years ever ran 2 days in row

I know a runner in his early 50's who runs 17/18 min 5ks.

My mate is the same age as me and can run 18 mins (both 48).
My other mate (same age) has only taken up running over the past year or so and has gone from 28 mins to 20:30....the utter bastard will get sub 20 before me :(

I only took up running five years ago and I've missed most of this year to covid.

Determined to get under that time, but more looking forward to doing some half marathons around Europe next year (weekend away type plans).
Fuck it, I’m training for sub 20 now.. sack marathons off until I do it

Recorded a sub 20 Park run this weekend on a gravel trail so very happy with that. It’s bloody hard work though and just not enjoyable as a nice meander over longer distances. It was a goal of mine, for a long time, but longer distances are much more fun.
Agree here.
I remember pushing around the 20 min mark the year before last and finding it psychologically tough as well as physical.
I still want it but not sure how much I can push it.
When I was doing these times I was much thinner but an hip injury meant I had to join a gym to strength train (on advice from the surgeons).
Ended up bulking up with muscle (not ridiculously so) and hence being heavier, but looked better (well I did before covid stopped all exercise and I piled the pounds on and lost the muscle).
I was a bit thin and sinnowy back then.

A nice 10k - to half at a decent pace and a nice soundtrack can be blissful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.