VAR Thread - 2021/22

yet before VAR they could easily have flagged offside and we all just have to accept it as wrong decision.
So now we have VAR I presume we just have to accept the shit decisions they churn out now do we ?

Jesus's none penalty yesterday
Rinaldo's tackle on KDB, no red card
Brighton's offside goal
Milner's none sending off
Laporte's sending off

So using your logic, without VAR we could quite easily conclude that all of the above would have have been called correctly then?

All recent incidents in games involving my team and all decisions that went against my team.

Again, you could quite easily say they cost us 2 points against the dippers and 3 points against Palace.

Those 5 points would have put us clear at the top of the league..

Football is suffering with the addition of the shitshow that is VAR.

VAR has not improved the game sufficiently to claim it's a success.

When it's taking 3 minutes to award / disallow a goal then the game has gone..

Our manager knows exactly what's going on.

Did you see his recent interview ?

Probably not because you can't watch everything can you ?

You conveniently miss all the shit calls we cop for time and again but live on this forum.

I would have thought you'd take the time to learn a bit about City to be honest, watch a game or two, get s feel for how we are refereed.

Understand how City fans feel, pick up the vibe, but no, you can't be arsed really can you.

Just another internet wind up merchant with nothing better to do..

Why are you hanging around on here ?

There is a saying, when you are in a hole....stop digging. You need to stop now.

A clear penalty not given not renewed, a disgraceful lunge, studs up feet off the ground not reviewed.
Only a totally corrupt official could have denied Bernys goal, Var is being misused accept it

Couple questions ..

Was it corrupt before VAR ? Why would they need to bring it in when they can give any decision they want without the use of VAR ?

Why do you still bother watching a sport that your convinced is corrupt ?

I would have thought you'd take the time to learn a bit about City to be honest, watch a game or two, get s feel for how we are refereed.

Understand how City fans feel, pick up the vibe, but no, you can't be arsed really can you.

I watched City stuff United yesterday - you completed bossed it. Loved it. I didn’t really spot anything controversial in decisions and thought was reffed well.

the Jesus penalty you mention - Telles got a touch on the ball didn’t he ?

again, without VAR - if the officials wanted to be corrupt - they could have flagged Bernardo offside. They could have gave a red or a penalty for whatever decision they wanted too - which is my point, if the refs wanted to give ‘corrupt’ decisions - why before bringing in VAR - it makes it far harder for them. They can just give dodgy decisions with the get out clause that’s what they saw at the time.

and also - with all these hundreds of officials, refs, VAR refs all in cohesion to be corrupt against Man City - when is one person going to come out and mention this with actual proof ?

Last edited:
I watched City stuff United yesterday - you completed bossed it. Loved it. I didn’t really spot anything controversial in decisions and thought was reffed well.

the Jesus penalty you mention - Telles got a touch on the ball didn’t he ?

again, without VAR - if the officials wanted to be corrupt - they could have flagged Bernardo offside. They could have gave a red or a penalty for whatever decision they wanted too - which is my point, if the refs wanted to give ‘corrupt’ decisions - why before bringing in VAR - it makes it far harder for them. They can just give dodgy decisions with the get out clause that’s what they saw at the time.

and also - with all these hundreds of officials, refs, VAR refs all in cohesion to be corrupt against Man City - when is one person going to come out and mention this with actual proof ?
Could have, should have, would have..!

Whether the rag got a touch on the ball on not he still went straight through Jesus.

Anywhere else on the pitch that's a foul and a card.

If it happened in our box, do you think Oliver would have given them a penalty?

Too fkin right he would..

Therein lies the problem with VAR..

It's fkin shit, a tool put in place to manipulate results..

We not only have to take the game away from the opposition every game we play but the officials too..

Ronaldo should have been sent off against the dippers for kicking one of their players whilst he was on the floor and he should have been sent off yesterday for doing exactly the same to KDB.

Still waiting for you to come back to me and explain why Brighton's goal was allowed to stand.

You just regurgitate the same shit on here over and over..

What do you think of Pep's comments regarding we get no help from anyone?

What do you think he means ?

Do you think he thinks VAR is working correctly and is fair ?

Answer the above 3 questions and explain what Pep is getting at or do you think he is wrong too when it comes to all things VAR ?

You're rapidly becoming a bit of a joke on here..!

Any VAR fans able to explain why the penalty was not given?
Because they can state that it wasnt a clear and obvious error by oliver as telles got a very slight touch on the ball. Thats their get of jail card for all decisions and allows them to make it up as they go along.

Could have, should have, would have..!

Whether the rag got a touch on the ball on not he still went straight through Jesus.

Anywhere else on the pitch that's a foul and a card.

If it happened in our box, do you think Oliver would have given them a penalty?

Too fkin right he would..

Therein lies the problem with VAR..

It's fkin shit, a tool put in place to manipulate results..

We not only have to take the game away from the opposition every game we play but the officials too..

Ronaldo should have been sent off against the dippers for kicking one of their players whilst he was on the floor and he should have been sent off yesterday for doing exactly the same to KDB.

Still waiting for you to come back to me and explain why Brighton's goal was allowed to stand.

You just regurgitate the same shit on here over and over..

What do you think of Pep's comments regarding we get no help from anyone?

What do you think he means ?

Do you think he thinks VAR is working correctly and is fair ?

Answer the above 3 questions and explain what Pep is getting at or do you think he is wrong too when it comes to all things VAR ?

You're rapidly becoming a bit of a joke on here..!
The sentance about if it happens in our box its a definite pen to them is so so true. I would put my house on it. the same challenge would be called a stright pen by oliver and VAR would then say there was not enough contact on the ball to rule it not a foul. Or if in the unlikley event Oliver didnt blow it VAR would review and call the pen. That is how they are working things. And unless their is fair scruitiny by the media of the PMGOL decisions then the status quo of manipulation will continue. It makes you wonder why the PL allow this closed secretive shop called the PMGOL, why do referees have to agree to NDAs. Why the secrecy. Unless of course its suits the agenda. ? What other reason could there be.

So now we have VAR I presume we just have to accept the shit decisions they churn out now do we ?

Brighton's offside goal
Laporte's sending off

So using your logic, without VAR we could quite easily conclude that all of the above would have have been called correctly then?

All recent incidents in games involving my team and all decisions that went against my team.

Again, you could quite easily say they cost us 2 points against the dippers and 3 points against Palace.

Those 5 points would have put us clear at the top of the league..

Football is suffering with the addition of the shitshow that is VAR.

VAR has not improved the game sufficiently to claim it's a success.

When it's taking 3 minutes to award / disallow a goal then the game has gone..

Our manager knows exactly what's going on.

Did you see his recent interview ?

Probably not because you can't watch everything can you ?

You conveniently miss all the shit calls we cop for time and again but live on this forum.

Just another internet wind up merchant with nothing better to do..

Why are you hanging around on here ?
Because he is a good poster and it’s a free country presumably?

Anyway, to your argument. If we can agree that referees are biased/corrupt and are out to influence games against us surely Var is neither here nor there? Or are you saying it is easier to manipulate games with Var? We had some seriously shit calls before Var and they have simply continued since its introduction. All Var does is make the cheating more obvious and maybe ultimately there will be some positives to take from that.

Brighton's offside goal
Laporte's sending off

Of those, I'd say only yesterday's penalty was a clear mistake by VAR. Ronaldo's I'm surprised it wasn't checked, but it's one where you'd be unsure if a red was going to be given. I do think the reffing yesterday was appalling.

The others were correct in my opionion:

The offside in Brighton's goal was too far back. There was a decision made early on by the clubs that they didn't want VAR to deal with anything that wasn't right before a goal. Everyone had a chance to reset after the offside, so it's just not covered.

Milner's was a second yellow, so VAR couldn't look at it. I've worked out the stats on this before, and there's no way we'd want VAR looking at second yellows because for every potential red, there are dozens of potential second yellows.

Laporte's sending off may have been harsh, and you could argue Zaha was wrestling with him, but Zaha was past him and Laporte doesn't pull him down by accident. It's something that regularly gets called as a yellow when the player isn't through on goal (pretty sure Dias and Laporte have both been yellowed uncontroversial for this), so in the circumstances not a surprise it was red.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.