VAR Thread - 2021/22

VAR, Michael Oliver, dreadful again.

If United weren't playing so badly, I'd wager Oliver giving them couple of dodgy pens.

Also, Ronaldo is heavily protected by the refs. They seem afraid to make big decisions against him. No card for blatant kicking at Curtis Jones, no red for an extremely late, needless slide against KDB. Twice now in a short span of three weeks, Ronaldo has lashed at oppositions out of frustration.

Couple questions ..

Was it corrupt before VAR ? Why would they need to bring it in when they can give any decision they want without the use of VAR ?

Why do you still bother watching a sport that your convinced is corrupt ?
That's 3 questions

1. Yes.

2. To attempt to give the corruption legitimacy. Worked with your uninquiring mind.

3. Because the game itself is excellent and football is tribal, partisan and addictive. There's also the hope (probably forlorn) that by highlighting and calling out the corruption and bias, that it will force a recalibration.

I watched City stuff United yesterday - you completed bossed it. Loved it. I didn’t really spot anything controversial in decisions and thought was reffed well.

the Jesus penalty you mention - Telles got a touch on the ball didn’t he ?

again, without VAR - if the officials wanted to be corrupt - they could have flagged Bernardo offside. They could have gave a red or a penalty for whatever decision they wanted too - which is my point, if the refs wanted to give ‘corrupt’ decisions - why before bringing in VAR - it makes it far harder for them. They can just give dodgy decisions with the get out clause that’s what they saw at the time.

and also - with all these hundreds of officials, refs, VAR refs all in cohesion to be corrupt against Man City - when is one person going to come out and mention this with actual proof ?
Remind which law of the game covers that 'getting a touch on the ball' makes it not a foul?

Also, the current head of the PiGMOL refereed one of the most corrupt games of football have ever seen (Utd v Ars). It's on YouTube if you want to look it up.

Because he is a good poster and it’s a free country presumably?

Anyway, to your argument. If we can agree that referees are biased/corrupt and are out to influence games against us surely Var is neither here nor there? Or are you saying it is easier to manipulate games with Var? We had some seriously shit calls before Var and they have simply continued since its introduction. All Var does is make the cheating more obvious and maybe ultimately there will be some positives to take from that.

The vast majority on here as far as I can see think VAR is not fit for purpose.

Btw, can you give me some details regarding the seriously shit calls we had before VAR..?

Alf Grey, non penalty at the swamp ?

I think we've had more since it's introduction by a long chalk.

It's about options and if you think the wet spam fan us a good poster then good for you.

I personally think he's a bit of a wum, especially on the VAR thread.

Did I say VAR was against us personally ?

Basically I said VAR looks to me that it is in an unchallenged, unaccountable position and it can be used to manipulate results.

It's already cost us a possible 5 points after 11 games..

What do you think of Pep's comments ?

Do you think he's happy with the current situation ?

He knows, like many others on here what's going on if you don't..

Of those, I'd say only yesterday's penalty was a clear mistake by VAR. Ronaldo's I'm surprised it wasn't checked, but it's one where you'd be unsure if a red was going to be given. I do think the reffing yesterday was appalling.

The others were correct in my opionion:

The offside in Brighton's goal was too far back. There was a decision made early on by the clubs that they didn't want VAR to deal with anything that wasn't right before a goal. Everyone had a chance to reset after the offside, so it's just not covered.

Milner's was a second yellow, so VAR couldn't look at it. I've worked out the stats on this before, and there's no way we'd want VAR looking at second yellows because for every potential red, there are dozens of potential second yellows.

Laporte's sending off may have been harsh, and you could argue Zaha was wrestling with him, but Zaha was past him and Laporte doesn't pull him down by accident. It's something that regularly gets called as a yellow when the player isn't through on goal (pretty sure Dias and Laporte have both been yellowed uncontroversial for this), so in the circumstances not a surprise it was red.
Why wasn't the Brighton player flagged offside in the initial phase of play ?

It wasn't even a close call and the lino was right there ?

If the lino had done his job correctly then the penalty incident wouldn't have occurred..

Milner was last man against Foden and clipped him, that alone was a sending off offence but play was waved on..

Evans playing for Leicester was last man against Arsenal and was booked for what you could deem a worse foul than Laporte.

He was in the middle of the pitch, last man.

Laporte was to one side of the pitch, closer to the half way line with players in s position to cover.
Laporte was sent off, Evans was booked.

No consistency, even though VAR had time to scrutinise both incidents..

Why is it we always seem to cop for the shit VAR calls ?

The vast majority on here as far as I can see think VAR is not fit for purpose.

Btw, can you give me some details regarding the seriously shit calls we had before VAR..?

Alf Grey, non penalty at the swamp ?

I think we've had more since it's introduction by a long chalk.

It's about options and if you think the wet spam fan us a good poster then good for you.

I personally think he's a bit of a wum, especially on the VAR thread.

Did I say VAR was against us personally ?

Basically I said VAR looks to me that it is in an unchallenged, unaccountable position and it can be used to manipulate results.

It's already cost us a possible 5 points after 11 games..

What do you think of Pep's comments ?

Do you think he's happy with the current situation ?

He knows, like many others on here what's going on if you don't..
I know exactly what is going on mate. We are being shafted by referees since we became a threat to the ‘order of things’. Remember a certain game vs Chelsea as a prime example?
Pep can make all the cryptic comments he likes but you will notice he stopped short at spelling it out when challenged by that **** Stones from the bbc. Nobody is going to call out the bias and corruption so we better get used to it var or no var. You are raging at the wrong target mate. It’s the bias that is ruining the game not var.

I know exactly what is going on mate. We are being shafted by referees since we became a threat to the ‘order of things’. Remember a certain game vs Chelsea as a prime example?
Pep can make all the cryptic comments he likes but you will notice he stopped short at spelling it out when challenged by that **** Stones from the bbc. Nobody is going to call out the bias and corruption so we better get used to it var or no var. You are raging at the wrong target mate. It’s the bias that is ruining the game not var.
Who's raging ?

You said we had some seriously shit calls pre VAR which is basically what the wet spam fan keeps banging on about.

I asked you for some examples of these shit calls pre VAR and gave you a couple of examples.

I've also given numerous examples of how VAR has gone against us, in this thread.

You said it's a free Country and the wet spam fan can post what he wants.

If he continually posts shit he'll get pulled up..

It's a City football forum that he continually posts on, in a thread and a topic that effects City's results..

You feel free to get behind him and give him your support..

The guy's a wum..

Couple questions ..

Was it corrupt before VAR ? Why would they need to bring it in when they can give any decision they want without the use of VAR ?

Why do you still bother watching a sport that your convinced is corrupt ?
I have answered your last question before but I will answer it again.
Hate football- Love City (copyright CTIC fanzine rip Tom)
The shit show and corruption in the game has always been there, the blatant cheating against us just makes me support the Blues more.
Any footballer bar, scouse and rags, doing the disgraceful foul on Kev would have seen red so why didn't var intervene?
The non penalty, Cancello or Walker doing exactly the same foul on PR37 would have been given and a booking, why didn't var intervene as it was clear and obvious

Oh and just to be clear, var is not used to shaft us and us alone. Remember last season when a rag player fouled a defender in the box and yet was given the penalty?
Var and pigmob were there to help the rags get a Champs League spot.
Many teams get shafted by var, mainly when playing the rags and dips.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.