Melbourne City FC Thread

Update on some coaching appointments within CFG

Reactions: kun
Last edited:
As the world's longest off-season runs its course our first proper game is Friday night in RD 32 of the FFA cup.

If anyone is interested a couple decent reads to fill you in.

As the world's longest off-season runs its course our first proper game is Friday night in RD 32 of the FFA cup.

If anyone is interested a couple decent reads to fill you in.

Welcome back.

Must admit I only watch your games rather than follow all the ins and outs but, what are your thoughts on the team for this season? Can they go back to back? What's happened with transfers in/out?

Be greateful of some meat on the bones as I would think others in here would.

Just a quick summary would be appreciated.

First time we enter a season as champions and to be honest it feels weird. Don't get me wrong we absolutely deserved it last year winning the plate and the toilet seat, but it still feels surreal.

As with last season we have made minimal changes squad wise compared to seasons past when 12 in and 12 out was not uncommon, this season we basically lost Craig Noone and replaced him Andrew Leckie for me an upgrade and we lost Adrian Luna and replaced him with an Italian dude Manuel Pucciarelli. Luna was awesome for us and him going could leave a hole. If this Italian bloke is as good then great, imports are always hit and miss. The other player out was Garruccio basically a squaddie that struggled to get a start.

Across the list through all the lines we have decent cover, 3 capable fullbacks, Jamieson Atkinson Galloway and a couple youth possibles

CBs we have Reis and Good and Griffiths, are all quality and weve brought in a kid Jordon Hall and have a couple youngsters Stokes from memory and another.

Midfield is stacked, Oneil Metcalfe and Italian Dude, plus Berenguer, Gomulka Lesiostis, the first 4 will fight for the starting 3 midfield positions.

Upfront is what really excites, we have the Socceroos front 3 of Leckie Nabbout and Maclaren, arguably the best front 3 in A League history. Snapping at them and the guys that won us last seasons granny is Tilio and Colakovski and as roughy Raphael might have a breakthrough season.

Overall we are in my opinion in better shape than last season and with another pre season completed the squad should be hard to beat.

We are getting back to normal everyday wise and hopefully this summer the beers and goals will flow.

Having said that forecast for Friday night looks average.

First time we enter a season as champions and to be honest it feels weird. Don't get me wrong we absolutely deserved it last year winning the plate and the toilet seat, but it still feels surreal.

As with last season we have made minimal changes squad wise compared to seasons past when 12 in and 12 out was not uncommon, this season we basically lost Craig Noone and replaced him Andrew Leckie for me an upgrade and we lost Adrian Luna and replaced him with an Italian dude Manuel Pucciarelli. Luna was awesome for us and him going could leave a hole. If this Italian bloke is as good then great, imports are always hit and miss. The other player out was Garruccio basically a squaddie that struggled to get a start.

Across the list through all the lines we have decent cover, 3 capable fullbacks, Jamieson Atkinson Galloway and a couple youth possibles

CBs we have Reis and Good and Griffiths, are all quality and weve brought in a kid Jordon Hall and have a couple youngsters Stokes from memory and another.

Midfield is stacked, Oneil Metcalfe and Italian Dude, plus Berenguer, Gomulka Lesiostis, the first 4 will fight for the starting 3 midfield positions.

Upfront is what really excites, we have the Socceroos front 3 of Leckie Nabbout and Maclaren, arguably the best front 3 in A League history. Snapping at them and the guys that won us last seasons granny is Tilio and Colakovski and as roughy Raphael might have a breakthrough season.

Overall we are in my opinion in better shape than last season and with another pre season completed the squad should be hard to beat.

We are getting back to normal everyday wise and hopefully this summer the beers and goals will flow.

Having said that forecast for Friday night looks average.
Good luck ...let's hope you can have another great season I will be supporting from afar

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.