VAR Thread - 2021/22

Haha! I'm not overly arsed about your defence of VAR, you've held your own on this thread and kudos for that.
It's the Jesus non penalty that you think was the right decision which has led me to this sad, but unavoidable conclusion.
Sorry Mark - will see you in the next top 100 list you do though :-)

I think it is a pen. But I can see why officials deemed it not because of the touch to the ball, was there enough force to bring him down with the contact after - I’m not sure. It’s not a crystal clear one and if the ref deemed it not a pen then VAR will go along with that unless it’s 100%.

as I say. No touch to the ball without VAR and the ref wouldn’t give it. VAR would.

oops. Final post. Promise.
Come join the top 1100 party and Have a good weekend.

I think it is a pen. But I can see why officials deemed it not because of the touch to the ball, was there enough force to bring him down with the contact after - I’m not sure. It’s not a crystal clear one and if the ref deemed it not a pen then VAR will go along with that unless it’s 100%.

as I say. No touch to the ball without VAR and the ref wouldn’t give it. VAR would.

I’ve only bought about 5 albums in my life so would be wasted on me! Haha!

No its not a fact that if a player gets some of the ball before taking out a player it's not a foul.
Iv never ever heard of that uinless it is violent conduct. It's always forever and ever been that if the defender touches the ball before the opposition player it isnt a pen. Always has been. Where does it say in the rules what you're saying? I cant imagine any circumstance except violent conduct where it would be a pen

in that case I will take the walk of shame and bow down from this thread

I tried to make some reasonable cases and honest opinion why I prefer VAR (which isn't perfect) over officials making blind decisions but it seems either way, the game is corrupt and all the powers are against City only.
Who said the powers that be are against City only ?

You just don't get it do you..!

VAR is very much for the product that is the Premier League..

Is it good for the product if one team wins the PL every year ?

Not according to Scudamore who brazenly announced that it would be good for the product to have new PL winners on a regular basis..

The same guy announced when Moyes was managing the rags that a poor Manchester United is harming the worldwide brand of the PL..

Why would he say that ?

I'll tell you why because the PL generates untold £billions and that's what is at the crux of where we find ourselves now with VAR..

Pushing the rags into a CL spot by awarding an abnormal amount of penalties keeps the brand name strong.

Assisting the dippers to win their first title in a generation keeps the brand name strong..

It's not about corruption against City, it's about having a tool in place to enable results to be manipulated to ensure teams slot into preferred positions in the table..

It's been said a million times..

Mic the refs and officials up..

Show replays in the stadiums of VAR incidents and explain the decisions over the tannoy system..

Make the rags and dippers install big screens..

Any promoted teams to install big screens in their stadiums if they don't already have them..

Interview referees after games and get them to talk through the controversial match incidents..

Have cameras installed at Stockley Park so fans can buy into the decision making..

VAR is like a secret society, currently unanswerable to anyone.

What it decides goes, no recourse or challenge.

Consistency is out of the window, similar incidents are regularly dealt with completely differently..

Pep said, "we get no help off anyone, what we've won we've achieved it all ourselves"

Why's he said that ?

His is a bit bitter ?

Can he not see we're refereed exactly the same as everyone else ?

Why's he whinging after everything he's won with City ?

Maybe the comments made by Scudamore above are coming into play..

Subtle decisions going against City keeps them in check, keeps them in the pack within touching distance of the usual suspects..

You could easily come to the conclusion that Laporte's sending off when Evans at Leicester was only booked for an identical incident on the same day and Milner's non red card has cost us 5 points..

Those points put us clear at the top..

We've already completely outplayed Chelsea, Liverpool and United away..

You could also quite easily conclude that City being clear at the top after 11 games would be disastrous for the product

Therefore, taking the above into consideration, one could quite easily conclude that VAR is working just fine and is doing exactly the job it was brought I to do..

Not good if we win everything whilst the cash cow clubs are floundering..

VAR is s godsend for the PL Brand..

Until VAR is opened up and becomes completely transparent ala Cricket, Rugby, Tennis, American Football, Baseball and Basketball to name but a few high profile sports, it will always be suspect to cheating..

It's been in place for s few seasons now, SKY and BT can hear the discussions between Stockley Park and the match referee but the match going and armchair fans cannot..

What's to hide ?

It's dodgy as fcuk and will continue to be so until it comes clean..!

Not according to Scudamore who brazenly announced that it would be good for the product to have new PL winners on a regular basis..

The same guy announced when Moyes was managing the rags that a poor Manchester United is harming the worldwide brand of the PL..

Why would he say that ?

I'll tell you why because the PL generates untold £billions and that's what is at the crux of where we find ourselves now with VAR..

Pushing the rags into a CL spot by awarding an abnormal amount of penalties keeps the brand name strong.

Assisting the dippers to win their first title in a generation keeps the brand name strong..

It's not about corruption against City, it's about having a tool in place to enable results to be manipulated to ensure teams slot into preferred positions in the table..

Show replays in the stadiums of VAR incidents and explain the decisions over the tannoy system..

Any promoted teams to install big screens in their stadiums if they don't already have them..

Interview referees after games and get them to talk through the controversial match incidents..

Have cameras installed at Stockley Park so fans can buy into the decision making..

Consistency is out of the window, similar incidents are regularly dealt with completely differently..

Pep said, "we get no help off anyone, what we've won we've achieved it all ourselves"

Why's he said that ?

His is a bit bitter ?

Subtle decisions going against City keeps them in check, keeps them in the pack within touching distance of the usual suspects..

You could easily come to the conclusion that Laporte's sending off when Evans at Leicester was only booked for an identical incident on the same day and Milner's non red card has cost us 5 points..

You could also quite easily conclude that City being clear at the top after 11 games would be disastrous for the product

Therefore, taking the above into consideration, one could quite easily conclude that VAR is working just fine and is doing exactly the job it was brought I to do..

Until VAR is opened up and becomes completely transparent ala Cricket, Rugby, Tennis, American Football, Baseball and Basketball to name but a few high profile sports, it will always be suspect to cheating..

It's been in place for s few seasons now, SKY and BT can hear the discussions between Stockley Park and the match referee but the match going and armchair fans cannot..

What's to hide ?

Yeh. As I say. I’m out. Carry on ya knicker wetting though.

Why would he say that ?

Why's he said that ?

His is a bit bitter ?

What's to hide ?

Wish I could have written that.
@BlueHammer85 why don't you do what you say your doing.
AND FUCKOFF

If the defender touches it first it isnt a pen. That is just fact surely? Or are you saying that even if a City pklayer had done that you would be saying it is a penalty?
100% penalty whichever end it's at.

If it's at our end, after watching it in real-time and then seeing it again in slo-mo reply, I'd confirm by initial thoughts and hold my hands up saying, "Yeah, it's a pen, hope the bastard misses".

100% penalty.

Wish I could have written that.
@BlueHammer85 why don't you do what you say your doing.
AND FUCKOFF

He's a Clueless know nowt wum who's been hanging around another team's forum since 2010, now fanning the flames on the VAR thread.

How sad it that..!

VAR btw that has fucked City over more most...

A so called West Ham fan posting as Bluehammer to fit in .

BLUEhammer ffs, ..

Alll bit sad really..!

Absolute twaddle mate.
And you know it.
It was a Penalty.
And Oliver twist knew it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.