VAR Thread - 2021/22

And here we are again. An easy 3-0 win and yet we still get shit on by Var.
1. Sterling. Its given but after 15 camera angles and 2 minutes, (clear and obvious!!) It's ruled out. To rub salt in the wound Everton get the drop ball !
2. Berny kicked, nothing given and not reviewed
3. Forget who as it us now a joke.

1. Sterling. Its given but after 15 camera angles and 2 minutes, (clear and obvious!!) It's ruled out. To rub salt in the wound Everton get the drop ball !
Yes, if VAR sends the referee to the pitch-side screen it was neither clear nor obvious. If the rules say "clear and obvious" (do they?) there's no use for that small screen. I'm confused..

Yes, if VAR sends the referee to the pitch-side screen it was neither clear nor obvious. If the rules say "clear and obvious" (do they?) there's no use for that small screen. I'm confused..
the small screen is just to brush it under the carpet by saying "Look, the ref saw it and changed his mind of his own accord", when in reality it's decided in Stockley Park to achieve whatever they desire, because they were getting too much heat for just overruling the ref on the pitch so we now have a con job with a veneer of acceptability.

the small screen is just to brush it under the carpet by saying "Look, the ref saw it and changed his mind of his own accord", when in reality it's decided in Stockley Park to achieve whatever they desire, because they were getting too much heat for just overruling the ref on the pitch so we now have a con job with a veneer of acceptability.
Maybe so, but I can't accept that it's illogical. If there was a clear and obvious error VAR should overrule the ref, if not VAR shouldn't intervene. Hence, the small screen shouldn't be there - it goes against the rules.

In my opinion we had 2 penalties today.

Also, not sure why the Utd player was not sent off following the VAR review of the Watford penalty??
Why not a straight red for Maguire ? He was the last man, Cleverly took the ball and would have been in on goal?

Your thoughts please

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.