VAR Thread - 2021/22

Indeed, had he not already been booked would the referee have just booked him for that pub team mistake and clattering?
That was kind of my point/question to @richardtheref (thanks for answering by the way)
It shows how they are reffed differently. Anyone else it's a straight red. I know it's the same punishment but it shows the bias, (like Milner)

Did I type bias instead of bent :-)

And here we are again. An easy 3-0 win and yet we still get shit on by Var.
1. Sterling. Its given but after 15 camera angles and 2 minutes, (clear and obvious!!) It's ruled out. To rub salt in the wound Everton get the drop ball !
2. Berny kicked, nothing given and not reviewed
3. Forget who as it us now a joke.
im just glad he add the 5 minutes it took on to the injury/time wasting at halftime
oh hang on 3 minutes added time perhaps them getting a drop ball counted as their possession stats

Wish I could have written that.
@BlueHammer85 why don't you do what you say your doing.
AND FUCKOFF
No need to be a knob. Honestly, just stick to supporting City and leave being stupid out of it. I may be wrong and perhaps you are like many of us who absolutely HATE the manipulation of the game we live and it does drive us almost mad because the client media simply will not call it out. There you go, I’m already backtracking from saying you’re acting like a knob. You might just have Mis expressed yourself.
Blue Hammer makes a respectful contribution to this forum and didn’t he/she organise the poll of favourite City players?
He/she has a view on VAR which is drastically different to mine and no doubt yours and it’s fine to debate that with a fan from another team. I just don’t think Blue Hammer can ever fully understand our hatred of VAR on 2 fronts - anti City and pro Rags and dippers especially and that no one else sees it or even cares about it, VAR and corruption cost us a CL semi and probably final v Spurs not that long ago.
That’s why my advice to Blue Hammer is to be careful on this subject - you’re in a very very small minority on a subject that makes us angry. With no disrespect, WHU are an irrelevance on this subject because you’re not threatening the corruption and cartel. However, you have a good team (but you’re up against the best next Sunday) and it’s entirely possible come the business end of the season with you a few points ahead of the Rags - watch what happens then. It will be similar to when Chelsea were 6/7 points ahead and ref and VAR made the ludicrous decision not to send Maguire off in first half and then ridiculously disallow a good Chelsea equaliser. As it was Rags win to close the gap and they make top 4. Same will happen to you and you might look at it differently.

Anyone have clips/replays/slo-mos of the other shouts? On the screen at the game I kind of saw the sterling one and can understand how they could suggest they thought it was an error and asked whatsisname to review. At that moment he was always going to overturn it, though the other shouts were right in front of me. No review? At all?...

That was kind of my point/question to @richardtheref (thanks for answering by the way)
It shows how they are reffed differently. Anyone else it's a straight red. I know it's the same punishment but it shows the bias, (like Milner)

Did I type bias instead of bent :-)
Not saying its right but as a referee it is easier to "sell" a 2nd yellow in an instance like this.

However, getting 2 yellows means he is nearer a further suspension under the totting up system though when he reaches 5 yellows.

I cannot understand how McTominey avoided a red for his foul although he seems to have previous for escaping cards.

Not saying its right but as a referee it is easier to "sell" a 2nd yellow in an instance like this.

However, getting 2 yellows means he is nearer a further suspension under the totting up system though when he reaches 5 yellows.

I cannot understand how McTominey avoided a red for his foul although he seems to have previous for escaping cards.
While you are here RtR, I asked a question in the weekend's game thread but everyone was too busy laughing at United to answer it .... when you are reviewing encroachment on penalty kicks, do you judge feet over the line, body over the line, "any part of the body you can score with" over the line? Say an attacker had his feet outside the box but was leaning forward, ready to go, so his head was over the line, would that be encroachment?

While you are here RtR, I asked a question in the weekend's game thread but everyone was too busy laughing at United to answer it .... when you are reviewing encroachment on penalty kicks, do you judge feet over the line, body over the line, "any part of the body you can score with" over the line? Say an attacker had his feet outside the box but was leaning forward, ready to go, so his head was over the line, would that be encroachment?
It doesn't actually state this in the laws of the game. However, if you want to be proper confused have a read of Law 14 .

It doesn't actually state this in the laws of the game. However, if you want to be proper confused have a read of Law 14 .
:) I suppose it all must make sense.

I found this on 2021/22 interpretations:

For player encroachment in the box, it is now judged on any part of a player’s body that is on the ground when the kick is taken.

As the line is part of the penalty area (law 1) a foot on the ground has to be behind the line, but a foot in the air, or a head, or knee, can be over the line. For offside, the interpretation is any part of the body with which a player can score, on the ground or not. Seems inconsistent to me .....

The final decision is made by the referee. And even where it appears to be red - the referee can decide as he pleases. His decision will be reviewed later, all referees know that :)

When at a game is VAR only checking when the screen flash’s VAR check or is it checking at other times and only flash’s VAR check when it’s checking the referees decision for example when Sterling had the penalty overturned we had the screen in the ground tell us there was a VAR check in the same game Bernardo and I think Sterling again both went down in the box and looked like they could have also been injured and there appeared to be no check not saying they where Pens but it seems odd that the more serious looking pens got less of or perhaps no check or at least appeared to get no check perhaps because the ref did not give it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.