9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goal, assist and tracking back to take Neymar out to stop the counter. Brilliant 35mins and shows he can still do it at CF
The shift to false 9 has taken emphasis away from our striker and requires the whole team to score.

This honestly suits Jesus perfectly as a false 9, now people will not have the same level of expectation that he needs to score all the goals, our false 9 contributes in many other ways as well (creating, making space for others, pressing).

He will likely be rotated between false 9 and winger which is fine, but it's good for the team that we lose the focal point that can be easily marked out, virtually all our forwards can now play there.

Bring this boy back to CF - enough about this RW bullshit - we have better players there..

Bring this boy back to CF - enough about this RW bullshit - we have better players there..
I think most people on here realize he’s our best option up there. It’s just a matter of if he’s ‘willing’ to play there. He’s strong, low center of gravity, good technically, can pick a pass, etc. all the attributes of a 9.

I think most people on here realize he’s our best option up there. It’s just a matter of if he’s ‘willing’ to play there. He’s strong, low center of gravity, good technically, can pick a pass, etc. all the attributes of a 9.
The problem is he isn’t afforded any leeway. He is our best option up front but he isn’t Aguero. We had an elite level striker and as much as I love Gabby, he is unlikely to ever be elite in the Aguero sense. As soon as he misses a 1v1 fans will be calling him out and want a replacement. Out wide is the safer option for him because he produces the same performances but the pressure for goals is off and he gets given more slack from fans.

Yep, but Sterling, Mahrez and Foden are better wingers on that RW position..

As a LW I think he can deliver more - but there we have Foden and Grealish...

So the only position where he is better than the others is CF. There is Torres and KDB sometimes,
but in overall GJ is our best CF right now..

That's why he should be played as a CF, his preference isn't that important.. :D

Made such a difference having a presence upfront. Brilliant impact, I was shocked to see him on the bench but I think that was simply because we would have had zero attacking options from the bench if he had started.

So the only position where he is better than the others is CF. There is Torres and KDB sometimes,

That's why he should be played as a CF, his preference isn't that important.. :D
I don’t think Sterling or Mahrez have shown anything more consistently on the right to suggest they should start over Jesus I would take him out there over either of them, every time. I know what I am getting from Jesus. Mahrez plays well when he feels like it and Sterling has been woeful for a long time.

Yup. I’ve said before that I think sooner or later Pep is going to have to have a tough conversation with him.

I don’t think Sterling or Mahrez have shown anything more consistently on the right to suggest they should start over Jesus I would take him out there over either of them, every time. I know what I am getting from Jesus. Mahrez plays well when he feels like it and Sterling has been woeful for a long time.

If there is statistics for Sterling playing as a RW - I think he has best goals and assists ratio there..

I am not talking about LW, there he plays below average - but as a RW he is the best and whenever Pep plays him there, he always delivers..

As for the Mahreze come on, even last year in CL playoffs he delivered and right now he is our best scorer, even though he doesn't play that much..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.