Paris Saint-Germain (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

Yup, fucking Paramount. I switched over to Univision and stayed there the rest of the game. The commentary was better too...:)
They know football, they know and like City, they're funny & enthusiastic. Don't catch a lot of the Spanish but still prefer them to most English-speaking commentators on U.S. or British TV.

Sublime. I love this team.
yebVxgD6

Rodri is the best deep lying midfielder in the world the past year imo.
I keep saying it so sorry but I worry big time that we don't have a proper backup for him. Dinho sadly has looked well over the hill in his early season cameos and we saw Rodri's form fall off a damn cliff last year which I personally put down to hitting a physical 'wall'.. DCM is a tough position to play as there's so much transitional play. Hope I'm wrong but it's hard to see when he's going to get a proper rest.

That PSG front 3 seemed to exist in a world relatively unconnected with the rest of the team. Sort of expected that from Messi but the lack of workrate for Neymar and Mbappe surprised me.
It's a legacy of them playing against no competition week in/week out. Neymar can strut around doing his stupid flicks and tricks in France, it's rare someone goes through him there. Messi just mopes around, wakes up every now and then like he did in the home tie & Mbappe is the key to them. Mbappe is a special talent but he's utterly wasted playing at PSG, and has a ego akin to the other two, so all three combined they offer nothing when the level of competition goes up.

Even in the semi final two legs last season, Neymar and Mbappe were rendered useless in the first leg, Neymar did nothing in the second leg & Mbappe missed it.

Walker is in Mbappe's head imo, Mbappe won't even take Kyle on, or goes to the right hand side to avoid him. And Kyle runs rings around Neymar. That's three games he's pocketed the sister shagger now.

I'd much rather the squad we have, and team and spirit we have then have anything to do with those three, long may it continue.

Even in America, where Paramount fucked me out of everything beyond the 35th minute amid spotty reception on a beach in Hawaii, we are not immune from the press cuntery:

Headline from ESPNFC:

Amid Man United link, PSG's Pochettino puts on happy face, but loss to City hints at trouble in Paris​

There were some choice words from me thrown at the TV for that “service interruption” too!

I listened on the City website during the down time, and forgot all about the Spanish channel! DOH!!!

PSG have been regressing in the CL for the past 2 years. At this rate I can see them being knocked out in the next round. They have no plan to their play except giving the ball of Mbappe. I would consider Chelsea, Pool, Bayern and us as the top 4 teams in Europe right now.

Considering who we were missing, it was a performance of real class backed by a crowd that was really up for it. PSG can rarely have been given the chasing they got in the first half and whilst their attacking threat did surface when they scored they rarely troubled us and if Marquinhos hadn't been playing they could have been 4 down at half time. Marquinhos is a great defender who consistently gets into the right positions to defend properly.

After they scored we showed real character and credit to Pep he got the sub spot on and we upped our intensity and in the end we were toying with them.

Mahrez, Bernardo and Gundogan were magnificent, Walker was immense, Cancelo not as effective going forward had a good game doing his full back duties and the defence plus Rodri kept their big three up top really quiet. Messi looked lost. Neymar frustrated and Mbappe apart from scoring did very little. Towards the end the fight had gone out of them and we kept the ball well and closed the game out really professionally.

Jesus made a difference and are we seeing the return to form of Sterling after a difficult few months; he was tireless all night and kept doubling up with Cancelo when they threatened.

My MOTM was Gundogan, he possibly wont get the plaudits that others will get after last night but he kept us ticking over and driving forward, a real Captains performance

Watching that game just proved to me that the question has been answered, once and for all. Of the two modern greats Messi is not fit to be mentioned in the same conversation as Ronaldo. A petulant, lazy, hand-on-hips, can’t be arsed prima Donna.
A disgraceful footballer. An Argentine Joe Cole.
Thank the lord above we weren’t stupid enough to actively pursue him.
Did you miss the recent derby, messi did twice as much last night than Ronaldo did in the derby, you could easily have posted the same about Ronaldo after the derby,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.