#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Sterling scores and has a brilliant game against a team with Mbappe, Messi, Neymar and some fans first reaction is,

“Get rid, not good enough!”

I did say some “fans” use Raheem as a scapegoat for how they feel about people of my complexion and ethnicity. It is not even hidden anymore.

Save your excuses we know what you are, just own it!
Tell me again what having a good half has to do with Mbappe, Neymar and Messi, because you lost me there!

Were they supposed to be marking him? Is it s Mano a Mano contest for you?

It’s comments like yours that makes people who actually analyze games shake their head and walk away.

Did you count how many times he lost possession? How about the simple first half knock down at the back post that he fluffed? Dead end runs into Mendes? And, I’m giving him a good grade for all of that which happened in the first half!!!

Btw, I hope “being a fan” for over 50 years is good enough for you. But, regardless, I DO know who and what I am, I am happy to own it, and who is this “we” you think you speak for?!

I can't blame him for struggling again on the Left.

But thanks for the valuable goal, you really pleased us.

So Sterling scores and has a brilliant game against a team with Mbappe, Messi, Neymar and some fans first reaction is,

“Get rid, not good enough!”

I did say some “fans” use Raheem as a scapegoat for how they feel about people of my complexion and ethnicity. It is not even hidden anymore.

Save your excuses we know what you are, just own it!
Stupid post to suggest anyone offering an opinion different to yours has to be racist based.

IMO Sterling has played better these last two outings but, "brilliant" or "back to his best" no.

Do I want to see him move on, yes.

Am I racist? am I fuck!

Kind of baffled coming into this thread & seeing so much positivity.

I thought he stuck out like a sore thumb, clearly a level of quality below most of our side tonight. Becomes glaringly obvious in a game like this with so much footballing ability on both sides.

Also felt like a lot of both our transitions and our slow build ups just kind of whimpered out when they arrived with Raz.

I love him, I really do. He was absolutely electric for 2/3 seasons and want nothing more than his return to form, but I’m not seeing it; not tonight, not at the weekend, not at all.

Moving on will be best for both imo. Let him rekindle his flame in Catalonia.
I don't know what's there to be baffled about. While I don't think he was brilliant or is playing anywhere close to his best, he still played a role in an impressive victory against a good side and considering his last few months or so of course people will be positive.

Looking at his performance objectively, He started of shakily and looked to be playing within himself for the first half hour or so but seemed to grow into the game as it went on. Played a nice cushion pass for zinchencko and another cutback towards the end for gundogan but both shots were blocked so I guess they didn't matter. Second half played as well as anyone in the side although he seemed more tightly marked and closed down on his side than mahrez was, he never stopped trying and got a well deserved goal.

Overall it was a decent performance amongst very good once from others and he is looking more like the sterling who showed up at the euros than the one we've seen for most of the year. p.s he looked more like he belonged in the side today than the much technically superior grealish has for most of the big games this season but apparently he stuck out and is the one a level below most in the side.

I’ve always maintained his technical abilities are substandard for the quality of the players around him. Add in his decision-making in key situations, and it has greatly hurt him this season, especially playing on the left.

Personally, I think playing on the right, and making him take on the defender helped him in the first half.

On the left, he is a one-dimensional threat, because he is always going to try to cut in on his right. His left is mostly for standing on.

His goal was a perfect take because it was instinctive. As you saw with the ball that was slid into him from the right, when he moved over to the left, it was a simple chance that he should have easily taken, but he tried to do too much and both his decision-making and technique failed him!

I hope he continues to improve and score, but the thought of giving him a bumper new deal with other players needing to re-up their deals and the need for a few other key players, I’d be looking to sell this summer.

He has been a good servant and seems like a great lad, but if the club is going to continue to seek to play at the highest levels and win the top trophies, I think it would be money wasted on him. There are better, more technically gifted, players we could buy and pay considerably less than he appears to need to stay.

In short, he is not “Kevin DeBruyne contract” worthy. I’d rather scale up Foden and tie him down for 8 yrs than plunk the cash on Sterling. That said, the market is expensive, so the club may see £15M in wages as cheap compared to the transfer fees they might have to pay for a replacement?!

This is why I fly and they manage City!!! ;-)

I agree.
I am sure you keep thousands of passengers safe, but you would murder City in a heartbeat.
To become an elite footballer, playing his whole career at the top level, under the Worlds best coach's, shows his qualities far outweigh any perceived inadequacies in technique.
It is a shame really that you cannot identify those rather than relying on confirmation bias.

However there was an individual moment worth recognition in City’s performance with Raheem Sterling, the scorer of the equaliser, claiming his 23rd goal in the Champions League which draws him level with Frank Lampard’s total and means that only two Englishmen – Paul Scholes (24) and Wayne Rooney (30) – have scored more. And both of them have retired while Sterling is still just 26.

from the telegraph

Not as effective or dangerous as against Everton, but scored a goal. But for me he is better used on the right, but that won't happen when Mahrez plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.