Retired coppers rant about football fans.

Is this a Karl Pilkington spoof ?

Agree totally with him about the financial disparity between footballers and people who save lives and/or make life changing differences to society.
50,000 people don’t go and watch a surgeon doing their job, don’t worry about them, they have a 30 years plus career and charge the earth to Health companies for private work outside of the NHS who paid for their training in the first place.

Why is it always footballers this is thrown at? They are in the entertainment industry and millions worldwide pay lots of money to watch them do their job. I rarely see this accusation made about actors and pop stars, or the new modern bane of life social influencers.
I wonder if the fact that your average footballer is a working class kid has anything to do with it. Just the idea that they're getting above their station, whereas your privately-educated actor is doing really important work bringing yet another dull Marvel character to life. You rarely hear the same complaints levelled at more middle class sports like tennis or golf.

For the record, I think influencers are definitely subject to the same snobbery that they haven't earned their money. And again, it's that gatekeeping about who's allowed to be considered a legitimate millionaire.

Is this a Karl Pilkington spoof ?

Agree totally with him about the financial disparity between footballers and people who save lives and/or make life changing differences to society.
Better get doctors and surgeons etc to start wearing advertising on their uniforms so companies can sponsor them and then they can start paying big bucks… oh and they’ll have to air all ops etc for the public to pay to be entertained… now some my buy a subscription but can’t see it really taking off.

I wonder if the fact that your average footballer is a working class kid has anything to do with it. Just the idea that they're getting above their station, whereas your privately-educated actor is doing really important work bringing yet another dull Marvel character to life. You rarely hear the same complaints levelled at more middle class sports like tennis or golf.

For the record, I think influencers are definitely subject to the same snobbery that they haven't earned their money. And again, it's that gatekeeping about who's allowed to be considered a legitimate millionaire.

There is a definite snobbery regarding footballers. It's funny but the ex copper is working class, but you'll often find anyone who makes it from a working class background endures more stick from their own. The "Who does he think he is? I remember him when he had nowt and was delivering my papers" comments.

I agree and I'm guilty of it, not that I begrudge them their money I just find it baffling anyone can earn a living doing what they do, but good luck to them

He would be real asset on Question of Sport with his all round sporting knowledge - He does raise a few valid points though but comes across as a bitter tit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.