Paris Saint-Germain (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

Having such a talented squad training together, learning from each other, and from Pep and his wise men, the football just flows, instinctive, overwhelming. Like having an extra man. It's apparent we do not have a "first" eleven, instead, we have a squad that can be juggled to meet various challenges, without compromise. Perhaps Pep's greatest achievement.
The age of the "superstar" is being pushed into history, with City leading the push.
Peak Pep. Peak merde PSG.

It is nonsense to suggest we are a better team when KdB doesn't play and, for me, Phil Foden is already a player who plays when he's got one leg to stand on. Jack Grealish isn't at that level yet but we didn't shell out £100 million on a lad who weakens the team. But as Eccles has pointed out to those who had forgotten, our club makes a serious effort to win every competition we enter. The consequence is that we are going to have to do without big players some of the time and what last night showed is that we have magnificent strength in depth. Zinchenko never lets us down, Raheem showed what thorn in the side he can be and Mahrez has a sublime first touch and truly delicate control and a wand of a left foot. And they came into such a well oiled, perfectly tuned side that City produced a great European night under the lights such as Anfield has never known. And that such silky football helps produce a really perfect atmosphere far better than the ritual out-of-tune screeching of a 1950s musical - our fans and our team in perfect harmony. What a game. What a performance. What a team! And yes, everyone involved cares greatly about the champions league. It's UEFA we don't like.

At the game last night a guy sits in front of me, whips out his phone and proceeds to watch the match "live" on it. After about 15 minutes I lean over and say " You do realise that what your watching is right in front of you?" Que every fucker around him laughing their arses off at the stupid prick. He then very sheepishly turned the game off and put the phone in his pocket. What colour is the sky in these fuckers heads!

I've seen people having a go a Pep for starting Zinchenko & not starting KDB, Foden & Grealish.

1. It's confirmed they were either injured or carrying knocks.

2. Pep has definitely learned from last seasons UCL Final, where he inexplicably went without Fern or Rodders as CDM's. Last night we play a familiar formation, & brought in the best players to fill the positions.

3. On reflection, Pep could have started Jesus, but he went with the more solid & safe choice of Zin. We lacked the central midfield creativity we sometimes take for granted, so Pep observed our safety first approach, & changed it as soon as it was necessary.

4. If not for the lack of a clinical world class striker, I'd be supremely confident this season. We've played more expansive football before, but NEVER have we looked a more complete package than we do right now.

5. Grealish needs time, & Sterling needs the opportunity to fully regain his confidence & form. For Grealish, see Rodri. For Sterling, see Bernardo.

6. Finally, we were fuckin awesome last night! The crazy thing is I thought we played better in Paris, & were undone by two sublime goals, & our own profligacy in front of goal...

A world class striker ASAP please Txiki! :-)

the thing from last night was the quick movement of the ball from left to right. when its played with speed its just about impossible to defend and mahrez had the freedom of the park down the right

yes we are missing a world class striker and finisher. if pep and txiki can get haaland in the winter window now dortmund are out of champions league football maybe they will now sell

also very big shout out to the fans last night loud and proud and i was watching from home and it felt like a proper european cup night of old

We were magnificent in the use of the ball, the maturity at this level is now there for all to see.

It's a squad of players who are in total belief of Pep, and it's showing all the time now in the biggest games.

I do think we will come up just short, as the striker issue means we are literally having to be nigh on perfect in approach and intensity.

We don't really get free goals, they are all worked hard for.

Love Stones, but not his best night.

Bernie, Gundo, Mahrez and Rodri, all fantastic.

Imagine how good we will be when Kev, Phil and Jack are back.

An absolute joy to behold !.The pain on the fab fucking three`s heads or whatever name the English commentary team jerked off too was wonderful, fuck em ,dirty cheating tossers ! even Missi ffs dropping down any time we went near ,all 3 of them how do they constantly get away with it ? surely the refs have a look after seeing full well they`ve been had over Neymore is shameful sneaky rat headed ballbag horrible over rated arsehole .Rant over .

Just read in the MEN we had 94 % pass completion, and Bernardo 100 %. Madness. That must be a record against a team like PSG.

Another good thing from last night: it's likely that Palmer will start vs Leipzig, maybe McAtee as well!

In that added time last night I looked at my Fitbit to make sure they only played the 3 minutes (those refs can be cheats!!) and my heart rate was 110!! But it's ok because the paramedic ladies are well aware that I carry my Epipen!! They are part of the City family. Both support the best team in the land in all the world.
I think this is the reason why we need to put more of our chances away, it will reduce the occasions when all our heart rates increase to that level! By the way your post and that of @willipp regarding the experience of first time younger supporters of yesterday's game were fantastic. They are the clubs future and they were great to hear about.

I live in Thailand. In the UCL games, I watch the first half before going to work. Today it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling all day. Work was a pleasure!
I watched the 2nd half when I got home. What a performance! What a comeback!! I have had a warm fuzzy feeling all evening. It could be partly explained by Heineken of course; but mostly because of the performances of this amazing Team.
I love you City. I do!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.