Paris Saint-Germain (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

I went to have a look at the reports and comment on the match in the French newspapers today. It was not easy because nearly all of them hide reports on matches behind a pay wall but thankfully Le Parisien had a couple of articles about the match available to all. One was by Thierry Henry who covers the CL for a French broadcaster and the other was an article by someone who is presumably a French pundit. The two articles made largely the same points, which are not dissimilar to what we get over here.

For obvious reasons their focus was on PSG. Henry's piece was on the theme that their front three make no contribution at all when PSG don't have the ball, the Pochettino has not been able to do anything about this but daren't drop any of them. Its title was that you can't defend with 8 men and win the CL. He argued that you can get by in Ligue 1 but that if there's one team above all others that will take you apart for that kind of defence it is Manchester City. All night long City exposed PSG's full backs by attacking with 5, which gave the centre halves 2 or 3 to look after while our wide men and full backs overloaded out wide. N,M and M strolled about doing nothing.

The other article took up the same theme but started by saying that Pep showed ho much better he was than Poch in every department and tat PSG had no answer to City's high line and players who were always available. PSG were dragged across the pitch while Walker and Gundo created overloads. City's equalising goal came at the end of a long period of City possession and City had 9 men in the attack while PSG defended with 7! For the winner City had engineered 2 against 1 at the far post. All the way through City's players were technically better than their opponents.

Interesting stuff. As I say, not very different from what our own more objective pundits say.

Nearly 24 hours later I am still buzzing. I have done the shit shows, Mrs Mist took me to Barcelona v Majorca for my birthday because I never thought City would be in europe and I've watched Jamie Pollock. Frank fuckin' Clarke apparently played the guitar in the dressing room whilst I was in St Crispins. Never did I think a City team would sit Messi, Mbappe and the other cheating bastard on their arse and tell them to fuck off home.
Bernie MOM ? But what about Walker ? Rodri quietly running everything or Cancello doing the business Sterling doing what we needed scoring the equaliser, Zinky, bought as a midfielder, trained to play left full back but last night played as a false number 9.
Lads, (not in a gay way) I love you. (Not that there is anything wrong with loving the team in a gay way :-)
And Kyle, encouraging Mbappe to run at him.

Messi going down like he’d been hit in the face with an axe by Cancelo should have resulted in Messi Getting a yellow. VAR should have looked at it and realised it was Messi cheating, trying to get Cancelo sent off. How the mighty has fallen, resorting to cheating to get an opponent sent off.
I've said all along, I wouldn't want a half-arsed Messi here. His heart's at Barca. We gave him a great reception and he feigned injury.

the thing from last night was the quick movement of the ball from left to right. when its played with speed its just about impossible to defend and mahrez had the freedom of the park down the right

yes we are missing a world class striker and finisher. if pep and txiki can get haaland in the winter window now dortmund are out of champions league football maybe they will now sell

also very big shout out to the fans last night loud and proud and i was watching from home and it felt like a proper european cup night of old
In the stadium it felt like the atmosphere at Maine Road. Watched the recording of the whole game this morning, and the atmosphere was blasting out of the telly.

A very excited German PSG fan visits MCFC. I think he was wowed by City but I am not sure?

For some reason I watched it until the end. I think he is the back of 105 which is a hospitality area.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.