Daft things Dad said about City when you was a kid

Never had any footy moments with my Dad (I was the youngest boy of his two families) but started going to games at the end when the gates were open. Went to a full game with my youth club in Rusholme. Over 60k and I was in the old scoreboard end (pre North stand).
Dad must have had a few again and decided he would 'come and find me'. He didn't.
He used to keep a lot of money in his wallet (so Mum didn't know) and he had his pocket picked - found behind the cisterns in the Kippax. Was my fault, obviously!

Always remember my late Dad saying that Colin Bell has got two left feet and wasnt worth £45k , it must have been 1965 and King Col wasnt too impressive for his first couple of games when he signed from Bury, glad he witnessed the '68 team but not sure what he would have made of the current set-up , he was never a glass half full type and would have found something to moan about , but that's what i loved about him , he said it as it was. In the 50's he used to go to City one week and the Rags the next week , it was quite common in those days , so glad he made me a blue, even through the tough times our support has been brilliant , no one does gallows humour like our supporters :)

My grandfather took my father and Uncle to that game. My father never told me he'd been, but my Uncle told me they had to wait after the game finished then meet up with their father when the crowd had dispersed in a pre-arranged spot.

He said he remembered the amount of blood they had to walk through getting out of the popular side terrace, the Kippax as it became.

He would have been 8 years old at the time.
Blood? Am I missing something here? All I know about this game was it was a record crowd and so some had to watch it side on.

I must’ve been 4 or 5. Dad had a couple of framed signed shirts. I assumed he had them because he used to be a City player, he went along with it for a couple of years until I was old enough to realise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.