Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else pick up on the fact that:-
1. Those at the press conference congratulated South African scientists on finding and identifying the new variant quickly.
2. The variant is responsible for 90% of cases in a province (can't remember the name, Guateng?).

If both these facts are true, this suggests that the mutation spreads rapidly and probably explains why they are worried.

I am happy do what ever is needed. But I do find the new guidelines confusing, wear an mask in the shop but not in an office. Why not just say unless outside a mask must be warn.

I guess we will know more in a few days.

They should be asking companies to go back to WFH where possible now anyway.

Pandering to businesses is why they haven't.

Just been on nhs site was looking for booster information for partner was 607 on wait list

she booked hers , guessing people getting scared

How long until they close the football stadiums and gyms?

Wouldn't even worry about that right now, lot of water to go under the bridge before thats considered.

They are not likely to understand what impact this mutation has on the vaccines for a few good weeks.

I am happy do what ever is needed. But I do find the new guidelines confusing, wear an mask in the shop but not in an office. Why not just say unless outside a mask must be warn.

I guess we will know more in a few days.

I would imagine it's coming.

I'm expecting there'll be an email in my inbox on Monday saying masks are mandatory on office days.

It will be interesting to see what the take up for masks in shops will be. Having been triple jabbed I don't see the point and I probably won't wear one.

Thats a pretty selfish attitude there, I've not had my third jab for a start and nor have many others.

I've already seen more people wearing them this week - so hopefully good.

It's almost impossible to measure in real world - by definition you can't do a double blind trial. But the evidence I've seen suggests a small but worthwhile reduction.

It could well be, as you suggest, that psychology as much as air filtration is what had the biggest impact.
The way I look at it is that it is just another measure which may help to reduce transmission and so protect vulnerable people. Every little helps in my view. Keep your distance, wash your hands, wear masks indoors, take vitamin D and keep yourself as healthy as possible (ie not overweight), take the vacccines. All these things should reduce your chances of being killed by Covid (or infecting someone else). It is a pain in the arse for all of us but surely there are not many other options at present. Has anyone got any better ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.