11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Pep should make him the ultimate utility player.

If one of Walker or Cancelo needs rest or is injured we are at the point where I am okay with Zinny filling, considering he use to be first choice but Cancelo is undroppable.

Now I think Pep should let him rotate with Rodri, I think he can be a good DM and considering lately we play with 2 midfielders (Like Rodri-Bernie) I think this suits Zinchenko well.

This also means that if Zinny can rotate with Rodri effectively (which I think he has the qualities to do so) then the search for another DM isn’t needed (am less sure we will get de Jong for example or anybody else, Lavia isn’t ready)

Zinchenko stylistically reminds me a lot of Kimmich, and I think would be similar to him as a DM.

Last edited:

If one of Walker or Cancelo needs rest or is injured we are at the point where I am okay with Zinny filling, considering he use to be first choice but Cancelo is undroppable.

Now I think Pep should let him rotate with Rodri, I think he can be a good DM and considering lately we play with 2 midfielders (Like Rodri-Bernie) I think this suits Zinchenko well.

This also means that if Zinny can rotate with Rodri effectively (which I think he has the qualities to do so) then the search for another DM isn’t needed (am less sure we will get de Jong for example or anybody else, Lavia isn’t ready)

Zinchenko stylistically reminds me a lot of Kimmich, and I think would be similar to him as a DM.
Superb post.

A DM in Pep's system is an incredibly difficult position to play. Love Zinny but I don't think he can do it, at least for now.

Don't get the love in with this guy. Got no pace and just a steady player that's all he is. Move on please.
"just a steady player"

Isn't that exactly what you want/need from a squad player?

He's versatile and is probably making less per week than Cole Palmer after his recent contract extension ffs.

Said it for years but for me the lad is not even good enough for a runners up medal in any way shape or form.Totally out of his depth in Citys midfield and even worse as a left full back.
For those of you think he is more than good enough then our Manager thought better at half time ... but may of of us thought exactly the same before the start.
Another player who is average.
Brilliantly put pal. You know your football. Not sure if he's even average.

Technically extremely gifted.

Half a yard more pace (and yes that can be worked on) and this lad is a phenomenal player.

"just a steady player"

Isn't that exactly what you want/need from a squad player?

He's versatile and is probably making less per week than Cole Palmer after his recent contract extension ffs.
Wots money got to do with it. Cocked up in the champions league final. Cocked up giving the ball away for psg goal the other night pub player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.