Mike Dean

The inconsistency in terms of decisions was bordering on suspicious.

How can a team who has over 60% of the ball be conceding so many more fouls than the team without the ball, just doesn't make sense.

Disgraceful refereeing , i watched some proper dickheads in the middle of the park watching my grandsons U-16 teams but Dean took incompetence to another level against Villa , his bias was glaring he just wanted to level the game up and gave us absolutely nothing all night. The Jesus penalty refusal was bordering on corruption maybe Dean was expecting a knighthood from Prince Andrew for his exploits tonight .

The inconsistency in terms of decisions was bordering on suspicious.

How can a team who has over 60% of the ball be conceding so many more fouls than the team without the ball, just doesn't make sense.

I’ve never really got the logic of that argument tbh. We keep the ball for long periods of time and teams tend to sit off us. When we lose it, which tends to be in the final third, we aggressively press and either win the ball back quickly or give a foul away trying to get it back (which isn’t particularly a bad thing either).

Dean was rubbish tonight as he was inconsistent. Possession stats don’t necessarily mean anything in regard to it though. It was 12 to 8 on the foul count, the real foul count wouldn’t have been far off level.

I think he was caught between wanting to let the game flow and giving fouls for every slight challenge.

There’s no doubt that he favoured Villa in the soft free kick department and I think it’s that inconsistency that angers people. He did wave away a few Villa protests as well but seemed very reluctant to give us the free kicks he gave Villa. However, I don’t seem to recall him booking many players which most refs would have.

I think he got both penalty calls spot on as their shout and the Jesus one in the first half were not penalties.

The only real bad decision was not giving Zinchenko a free kick for the corner that led to their goal. However, we have a bad habit of trying to stay up which results in a delay in going down which often goes against us. It was the same with non- Penalty for Bernardo against Everton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.