Are we clearly suffering from a lack of striker this season? Have midtable sides figured us out?

I really like this version of City and it wouldn’t bother me too much to finish the season without a recognised striker.

Wont say no to the Norwegian Goater though..

Whilst that is true, it’s also true to say that Gabby fluffed a chance that many strikers would have buried to make the game safe. He is one of my favourite players but he isn’t a natural striker.

In fairness to Jesus, most PL strikers wouldn’t have had the technique to both hold off the defender and have that touch. His finish was rash but on his weaker foot and off balance. Had he scored that, it would have been a sensational goal.

On topic, we have been better without a 9 for sometime now. Especially in Europe.

Think we have had so many games where we have not scored against mid table sides. Is it 6 already this season against those kind of teams? I don't see that as a coincidence. Seems like their center backs are more than happy to let the false 9 wander knowing they will never make the correct move like a striker and and arrive at the box. and now since we don't have a central focal point its easier to always show the wingers outside to cross and always cover the inside. basically we never create quality chances as a result it is all like wenger arsenal at his end.
Nope, refer the rags game at old toilet… !

I think it affects us mentally and we lose some bite when we go a goal down, plus teams just defend better. Even Phil Jones will become Phil Maldini.

Okay, I've taken it a bit to far with the Phil Jones analogy....
Haha Phil Maldini or maybe Phil Beckanbauer ?

In fairness to Jesus, most PL strikers wouldn’t have had the technique to both hold off the defender and have that touch. His finish was rash but on his weaker foot and off balance. Had he scored that, it would have been a sensational goal.

On topic, we have been better without a 9 for sometime now. Especially in Europe.
We really don't know. Comparisons are pointless.
Gabby's first touch was faultless - if anything that was more difficult than the finish.

I think it affects us mentally and we lose some bite when we go a goal down, plus teams just defend better. Even Phil Jones will become Phil Maldini.

Okay, I've taken it a bit to far with the Phil Jones analogy....
not that I think. we lack that direct option when we are behind to just send it to the striker and have a shot. we instead have to construct the perfect goal

Yes and No;)

It would be great to have another option in certain games but kudos to pep and the players for continuing to play winning attractive football.

We are witnessing a footballing feat that will never be seen again.

Personally, I don’t care who we sign up front but for the sake of my cholesterol level, I hope we do ;)

we are scoring less goals, but we maybe have more control of games. That's probably an adaptation to having no striker, but I can't help but feel goals are missing a little bit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.