10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted it’s his second game back from an injury, and you’ve always got to account for the “first season under Pep” culture shock, but the finishing from Jack there was well below par.

Should be sticking those chances away. Sterling quite rightly is given stick for poor finishing - if Jack continues missing chances like that, he’ll have no defence when he gets the same.

His overall play was good but you can’t ignore the finishing.

I think the F9 suits him best because it's current function for us is all about flexibility and not about understanding the system, it's more like "Just be where you need to be".

He should have scored atleast once though, hopefully it starts coming.

Thought he did well enough with the job he's given. Obviously a little short on his finishing, but I didn't expect much from him with that side of his game in the first place.

Granted it’s his second game back from an injury, and you’ve always got to account for the “first season under Pep” culture shock, but the finishing from Jack there was well below par.

Should be sticking those chances away. Sterling quite rightly is given stick for poor finishing - if Jack continues missing chances like that, he’ll have no defence when he gets the same.

His overall play was good but you can’t ignore the finishing.
You don’t have to ignore his finishing but you also don’t have to beat him up over it. Some good saves and close shaves.
He was excellent.

Just back from injury and playing in a new position. He was positive, he was getting in good positions, getting shots away and driving forward with the ball. Which is something you couldn't say for the majority of his previous games for us.
Don't know how you can come away unhappy with his overall performance just because his finishing was off. The goals will come if he keeps playing like that.

Last edited:
I don't understand Villa fans booing him..

Such a player, such a captain, moved to a once-in-a-lifetime English team managed by Pep - how can someone blame him for that..

But Pep has a serious task to find his place in the team. Sterling / Foden / Mahrez form is getting better and better, but midfield area needs more help due to injuries and etc.

I would try him as LCM and see how it goes.
Absolute cultish behaviour from Villa fans.

Same as us with Sturridge, never deserved the boos from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.