FA Cup 3rd Round | Swindon (A)

I realise I am potentially setting myself up for a fall but for an old time fan like me I still can’t get my head around the fact that unless it’s the Chavs or the Dips, against anyone else home or away we are almost guaranteed to win
MCFC have never adopted the idea of football formalities, nor have they ever offered us fans a guarantee. Swindon away, or any other team from the nether regions is a fuckin' great banana skin.

Have you ever been there? Premier League is not really that relevant as we are so far adrift of it now so "oil money and empty seats" is not the main topic of conversation in Wiltshire. It was something of a London overspill town so that is who many people follow. You will probably wallop us but it would be very funny if you don't. What we don't have is a sense of entitlement. Proper club (now).

I always think of Swindon as a poor man's Reading - or is reading a poor man's Swindon.

Hopefully will be on TV. The county ground looks decent on TV where as the proper magic of the FA cup involves a big club at a genuinely shit ground. But with most other big clubs at home this should be on.

Anyone notice how the tone of her voice went up with excitement when they drew raggies out of the bag? Even Mrs Q noticed.
It's one of the most laughable comments when lower league teams are through to the next round and they get asked who they would like in the next round! MANUre and The Arse are still getting a few top billings!

Posted years ago but worth reliving. I took a Swindon fan that was living and working in Manchester to the home game where Kinky destroyed them. Every time I looked at him he was just smiling shaking his head. Kinky was absolutely on fire that game.

That's what I like about the early FA-rounds. You can come up against teams that we haven't faced for years or never before. Especially an away game to visit another ground and town.
Difficult for me to get a ticket, let alone facing the covid-rules for foreigners travelling to the UK that takes away any spontanious plan to travel the region for a few days.

Hopefully it'll get TV-coverage, but very unlikely. We all know why.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.