Kids/adults running onto the pitch after the final whistle

I can see both points of view, and I think they're both valid.
I do think it's a problem that our fan base is so old. I often look around me at all the silver-haired and grey heads (myself included) — all of us were 14 on the Kippax once upon a time — and worry, “Where is the younger generation that should be replacing us?” And I have a horrible feeling that they will never come. Why? Because society itself has changed so radically. A great many of us live through a computer or smart phone screen, very nearly 24/7, and think it's real life. Not only are the kids no exception to this, they are the ones who have grown up knowing nothing else. For them, it is real life. What's the difference for them between being at the Etihad, and watching the streamed match at home? They've got to get off their arses (or their parents have got to get off their arses) for the former, pay a fair whack to get in (read — parents etc.) and hang around in the pissing rain waiting twenty minutes to half an hour to get on a tram to Ashton or Piccadilly at the end of it. Just easier to watch it at home on Sky or an illegal stream, or watch the highlights on MOTD later on.
It is a problem, and one that's much larger than the simple question of MCFC.
On the other hand, I suspect the second poster is totally right. It's the parents (some of them) thinking that their little Johnny has the right to do what the f— he likes because they're at the match and they've paid.
I don't think anyone should invade the pitch, ever, except on the occasions when Sergio Aguero scores a title-winning goal in the 93rd minute of the final match of the season, healing 44 years of hurt.
(That said, I've got a vague memory of jumping over the wall at the bottom of the Kippax, along with several hundred other kids, to go for a little stroll on the turf at the end of an absolutely meaningless season-ending match against, I think, Sunderland in about 1970. There was no-one around to give me a clip around the earhole for it…;-) No pesky stewards at the time, and the coppers were completely overrun )
In fairness, this simply reinforces my original point in that these issues are both relevant but that they are completely unrelated. When I last checked, this was a thread about kids running onto the pitch.

Well done to the stewards today, or at least the few of them actually doing their job whilst the others stood there looking gormless not wanting to get involved.

Wankers sending their kids on for a shirt to ebay for a pre-Christmas bonus on any normal day deserves their parents being fined and banned but doing it during an alarming rise in covid infection levels is beyond fucking moronic, and the dicks booing the stewards are just as fucking stupid.

They're all following strict guidelines so they don't miss crucial games and cretins are sending their kids on the pitch straight from a 50k+ crowd of largely unmasked people to interact with them.

Let's say he goes upto a player, gives them covid, he then misses 3/4 games because of that and could then pass it on to more teammates too.

I think the one that made it on came back empty handed so well done to the players for telling him to fuck off, stewards started to grab their parents but bottled it after some pressure and a lack of backup, let's hope city identify them on cctv and get them fined and banned double.

There appeared to be a little kid on the pitch during one of the goal celebrations today (2nd ?).
Scroats at front of 119, it is really just child abuse, throwing a kid on the pitch for their own gratification.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.