#8 | İlkay Gündoğan - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least we have a reason for his recent underpar performances.

Irrespective if passed fit to play against Leipzig,it was indeed pointless.

I always think the mystifying thing is why fans with zero medical knowledge generally or specific to the player and injury think they're in a position to question a player's selection.

Gundogan missed all of the 2013/14 season and nearly retired with a back injury that needed surgery. It's not outside the realms of possibility that he has constant back pain that needs to be managed and has done for 7 years. It's very unlikely given his medical history that anyone is taking risks with his back.
So you have never questioned a players selection ?

Combined with Ilkay carrying an injury, it was the chance to reduce his playing time with a busy schedule ahead in a game that meant little to City that prompted the post.

So you have never questioned a players selection ?

Combined with Ilkay carrying an injury, it was the chance to reduce his playing time with a busy schedule ahead in a game that meant little to City that prompted the post.

I try to always remember that we as fans are judging things based on 1% of the information.

I know it’s a bit of an out there prediction but I can see Gundo being City’s manager one day. Everything about him screams future elite manager to me.

The way he carries himself in interview and him also being a high ranking leader in on and off pitch makes a chance of him being quality manager is higher than most.

Also he is blessed being managed by two top manager by today standards, Pep and Klopp. Very select few have been previleged to play for both manager. It will help him tremendously for his managing career later on.

The way he carries himself in interview and him also being a high ranking leader in on and off pitch makes a chance of him being quality manager is higher than most.

Also he is blessed being managed by two top manager by today standards, Pep and Klopp. Very select few have been previleged to play for both manager. It will help him tremendously for his managing career later on.
Yep, his tactical understanding is unrivalled. I don’t think Pep has to say a single word to him because honestly, Gundo already knows it all. So the question is, is he able to relay that information to players and convince them that it’s the right way for them to play? And I think that’s an emphatic yes. His demeanour, the way he speaks, his intelligence… he commands respect and you listen to him. He’s also very calm, he isn’t going to fluctuate too much during the highs or the lows. Gundo has everything to be an elite coach, for sure. And we already know that CFG are more than willing to support the development of coaches as well as players.

Yep, his tactical understanding is unrivalled. I don’t think Pep has to say a single word to him because honestly, Gundo already knows it all. So the question is, is he able to relay that information to players and convince them that it’s the right way for them to play? And I think that’s an emphatic yes. His demeanour, the way he speaks, his intelligence… he commands respect and you listen to him. He’s also very calm, he isn’t going to fluctuate too much during the highs or the lows. Gundo has everything to be an elite coach, for sure. And we already know that CFG are more than willing to support the development of coaches as well as players.

He only needs the right team that suit his playing style and philosophy to get good CV early on, still needs an actual experience probably in CFG system like Viera he will get opportunities managing MLS sides that willing to take a risk to employ him as a "learning for experience" manager. Probably next step if he good enough, will be managing his old club Borussia Dortmund and after that depends on him.

I mean it's not only him that being inspired by Pep to be a Manager/Coach, Kompany had already done that and many more like Kevin, Gundogan etc will follow his footstep. This current crop of City player will be special i'm telling it right now, not only the way of they is probably the best in the world right now. But many of our player have potential to be the greatest manager of football for the next decade.

Just like Pep back then being inspired by one of greatest manager/coach at that time Johan Cruyff, the current crop City player will also being inspired by Pep to become Manager/Coach of own right later on.

Maybe it will be Gundo, Kevin or anybody else in current crop city side that will pickup a torch as greatest manager of the next decade, hopefully they will become great enough to become manager for City eventually when it's the right time for them to become our manager.

I think our policy of recruiting intelligent players, which has been in place for several years now, will produce a number of managers/head coaches in the future. Looking at the squad now, as well as Gundo, I could see Fern, KDB, Rodri, Dias all going that way. How about Berny, Raheem and Kyle as TV pundits too ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.