York away (footage)

Bobby Mimms in net for York as well.

That must have been one of a handful of Craig Russell goals. Now I know Summerbee gets slagged off but he was miles better than Russell. Criminal that we swapped him for Russell.

I remember he was the player getting slagged nearly every episode in that Sunderland documentary Premier Passions…then we go and buy him. You couldn’t make it up.

Was in York a few hours ago passing through on the train with all the jubilant Blues back from Newcastle, not been home long. What get's tiresome is that those of us that did actually go to the York game don't actually mention it as much those who clearly didn't go and bang on about it. Went everyone that season and didn't we just love it.
I know what you mean, until now, no one knows I was there either.

Bobby Mimms in net for York as well.

That must have been one of a handful of Craig Russell goals. Now I know Summerbee gets slagged off but he was miles better than Russell. Criminal that we swapped him for Russell.

I remember he was the player getting slagged nearly every episode in that Sunderland documentary Premier Passions…then we go and buy him. You couldn’t make it up.
Summerbee wasnt always the most popular but this swap deal was on a par with swapping Walsh for Creaney a couple of years before. Russell signed as a striker and made most of his limited appearances for us as wingback. Dont think he did much of note after finally leaving Maine Road, another member of the 50+squad of players we assembled.

I jumped the queues and ended up in the away end. You can just see me boinging up and down when our goal went it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.