Match of the Day - 2020/21

I find the absolute indignation all round whenever we get a slightly favourable decision is laughable and for me you really see the inherent bias that clearly exists in the main media outlets of this country.

All of a sudden the whole system stinks and it double stinks if one of the history clubs ends up on the wrong side of one on the same day. Heroes quickly become villains (Tierney) and pundits like big Al nearly spontaneously combust at the inept referees and start name checking Riley as part of the problem.

These same people never say a negative word if a iffy decision is given for the usual suspects (and there’s a lot) and they always seem to concentrate on the reasons why it was given. Though I have noticed not many of them say they even themselves out over the course of the season anymore as even they know that would be bullshit.

I suppose I just hate the many hypocritical pundits in this country who are obviously just playing to the crowd without really offering any real insight into the game other than their biased viewpoint towards certain teams.

Graeme Souness stands alone as man who can see past his personal favourite and offer a balanced view on things as he sees them. The rest (and Micah is included in this) are a f*cking sham.
Yep, the slight touch on Tranny’s arm last week and Shearer & the other cronies, definite penalty, he was entitled to go down, Salah dives and it’s a nailed on penalty, we get a penalty after missing out on one earlier in the game against Wolves and the indignation was way over the top, completely agree with all the content of your post.

Do you think it is an anti-City thing, or an attempt to try and keep the league relevant?

When we’re 15 points clear at the start of February, it kills the competition stone dead.

Of course it’s an anti City thing, do the likes of Bayern, PSG, Juventus, Barca and Real have to put up with this sh*t when the are dominating their domestic leagues? Do they f*ck!

We are not even dominating the league we have just broke a little bit clear but that’s when the bile and obvious envy begins. Neville did it with Mane and Ederson a couple of seasons ago when he saw his team’s chances of a title slipping away. An absolute skewed view of what was definite red card offence whilst being backed to the hilt by his biased mate Tyler. Next every one in the media questions the decision. It was a red card!

They really have no shame and they will continue to side with their vested interests whilst trying to highlight any discrepancies that seem to benefit City and use their standing within the game by highlighting them.

One of the most annoying afternoons of my existence was watching Neville, Carragher and Keane try to justify the swarming of the swamp whilst Sky f*cking Sports gave them the platform to do that. It’s a absolute joke.

I don’t want anything but fair unbiased punditry and an even handed media but I guess I’m just going to have to f*cking want.

Of course it’s an anti City thing, do the likes of Bayern, PSG, Juventus, Barca and Real have to put up with this sh*t when the are dominating their domestic leagues? Do they f*ck!

We are not even dominating the league we have just broke a little bit clear but that’s when the bile and obvious envy begins. Neville did it with Mane and Ederson a couple of seasons ago when he saw his team’s chances of a title slipping away. An absolute skewed view of what was definite red card offence whilst being backed to the hilt by his biased mate Tyler. Next every one in the media questions the decision. It was a red card!

They really have no shame and they will continue to side with their vested interests whilst trying to highlight any discrepancies that seem to benefit City and use their standing within the game by highlighting them.

One of the most annoying afternoons of my existence was watching Neville, Carragher and Keane try to justify the swarming of the swamp whilst Sky f*cking Sports gave them the platform to do that. It’s a absolute joke.

I don’t want anything but fair unbiased punditry and an even handed media but I guess I’m just going to have to f*cking want.
I haven‘t watched Spiel von des Tages, Match du Jour, Partita del Giorno or Partita del dia, so can’t comment on the other teams you mention.

Mane‘s red card was 2017, in September, about 5 games in, so not sure the title was “slipping away” just then. They hadn’t won the league in 27 year by that point.

Swarming of the swamp was a funny day all round. Not sure it added to the anti-City” bias though?

I haven‘t watched Spiel von des Tages, Match du Jour, Partita del Giorno or Partita del dia, so can’t comment on the other teams you mention.

Mane‘s red card was 2017, in September, about 5 games in, so not sure the title was “slipping away” just then. They hadn’t won the league in 27 year by that point.

Swarming of the swamp was a funny day all round. Not sure it added to the anti-City” bias though?
I was actually talking about Neville seeing his own teams chances being nipped in the bud as the Rags had got off to a good start that year so true to form he was getting giddy. Us beating Liverpool didn’t help them at all and he spat his dummy out talking sh*t.

And where you are correct the storming of the swamp wasn’t really anti City but I think it was more because of City. The way the three pundits mentioned were allowed to manipulate the narrative to be about the good of the game when it was quite clearly we aren’t the best anymore they are and it’s not fair was pathetic. They then take that attitude with their punditry which then becomes anti City.

I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind on anything but just stating the fact that good old fashioned unbiased punditry and even handed media coverage is dead in the water in this country. And it’s because the right teams are winning. Pathetic really.

I was actually talking about Neville seeing his own teams chances being nipped in the bud as the Rags had got off to a good start that year so true to form he was getting giddy. Us beating Liverpool didn’t help them at all and he spat his dummy out talking sh*t.

And where you are correct the storming of the swamp wasn’t really anti City but I think it was more because of City. The way the three pundits mentioned were allowed to manipulate the narrative to be about the good of the game when it was quite clearly we aren’t the best anymore they are and it’s not fair was pathetic. They then take that attitude with their punditry which then becomes anti City.

I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind on anything but just stating the fact that good old fashioned unbiased punditry and even handed media coverage is dead in the water in this country. And it’s because the right teams are winning. Pathetic really.
The swamp revolt was absolutely their frustration at being shit and sick of being in City’s shadow, but was during the shit show of the Super League fiasco.

Had we said no, we could have had the moral high ground to negate all the shite we received afterwards. The Media focused their narrative on that rather than United struggling.

Punditry changed a while back when bantering everything became popular, both on TV and on social media. To pick a relevant example, why does Micah Richards gets chosen ahead of Nedum Onuaha? It’s not for his analysis, is it?

I'm pretty sure the body being made larger with the arm in an unnatural position would have taken precedent in this scenario, which is why I assume it wasn't overturned.
But if it doesnt hit the part of the arm that counts for handball then how can it?

Bloody Shearer bleating about the standard of refereeing!! Only because a dippers player got sent off and we got away with a penalty. Not a word about the two ‘clear out’ fouls, on on Bernardo - only a throw in, Ona against KdB, a yellow card - why the difference for the same kind of fouls. We could go on forever but we won and dippers drew so they have to have a good dig against us. Fuming really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.