Brentford (A) - Post-Match Thread

Fantastic performance. Played within ourselves to conserve energy and apart from a few frantic minutes early doors we totally dominate. And this despite the sniper in the ground, the poor playing surface and the ref giving them every opportunity to launch the ball in the vague direction of our goal. They are a modern day Stoke who once teams suss them out will struggle. Lovely rest for Gundo, Sterling etc and hopefully get one or two of the injured lads back for Arsenal.

Pep got away without using any subs, but although Brentford didn’t really threaten towards the end, I can’t understand why Gundog and Mahrez were rested. OK we have Arsenal in 60 something hours, but ten minutes wouldn’t have worn them out.
We went over an hour without having a single shot on our goal

Never understand these responses. I'm not suggesting anybody, not least me knows better than Pep. That doesn't mean he never makes weird, odd and sometimes stupid decisions. We're in the tightest period of the schedule we had quality options on the bench, he should have utilised it more than making 1 sub over the last 2 games.

He does this all the time, and his method is the right one. Did we look like conceding tonight? Nope, we weren’t under and trouble so he saw no reason to change it up.

Not great, but a win is a win. Grealish was shite again. Sell him for £50m and cut our losses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.