#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He made a bad perfromance, just like everyone else bar Ederson, Ake and Rodri.

None will say he didn't try or put effort, but when you have the ball 20 times, and you make the worst possible decision in 80% of those, you had a bad match.
I don’t think it’s right to ignore that his control was a bit scruffy again today, and he still ran the ball into legs (as is tradition), BUT on numerous occasions, whilst his control was scruffy, he battled instead of dropping his head and came away retaining possession.

That battle is the result of a change in mind set and it’s been vital the past few weeks.

Yes he’s an attacking player but you can’t ignore his defensive work rate today. You just can’t.

Can't tell if people are taking the piss when they say he played great today or not. I sure hope they are.

Raheem would be one of the best in the world if he just stopped taking that final touch. He makes some great dribbles and then holds on too long. If he would just release the ball before he gets stripped then he would be unplayable. Unfortunately this is the biggest flaw in his game and I'm not sure why it hasn't been corrected by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.