The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The longer time goes on the more you realize just how insane that centurion season was.

By any metric that is one of the best modern day football feats and it’s criminal how little credit we’ve been given for it. We’d have a weekly Sunday spot reliving the glory if it was United who did it.

I’d go on to say that team should go down as the best premier league team in history
We don’t celebrate it as fans enough for me.

We sing a song about beating United 1-6 but we don’t sing a song about achieving an unprecedented league title against 19 other teams over the course of a season and getting 100 points.

Do you actually bloody think that?

I'd rather you were just almighty bravado posturing than actually believed it.
It’s hardly the most shocking opinion on the planet. It would take a huge swing for us to lose the league from here. Not only would the eventual winner have to completely turn their form around (which seems unlikely with AFCON for Liverpool and the CWC for Chelsea), we would have to start dropping points left right and centre. If we beat Chelsea in a fortnight I reckon most of the bookies would have paid out.

Congrats again. This is done. Although would be so satisfying to end your winning streak with a battering in a couple of weeks.

Personally I'd never like to be so definitive. You proved today you're an excellent side and ultimately its very fine margins. Think the AFCON benefits us but also the lack of the Carabao helps us too. But Chelsea and Liverpool have excellent sides and plenty of points to play for.

I wonder what that does to your CL aspirations. Being on the beach so early in the season is quite an interesting situation to navigate.

We shouldn’t have to be worried about our players being on the beach. We should be worried about Pep making crazy one off tactical changes though. I love him, but he threw away the trophy with his line up in Porto.

It’s hardly the most shocking opinion on the planet. It would take a huge swing for us to lose the league from here. Not only would the eventual winner have to completely turn their form around (which seems unlikely with AFCON for Liverpool and the CWC for Chelsea), we would have to start dropping points left right and centre. If we beat Chelsea in a fortnight I reckon most of the bookies would have paid out.

There is a world of difference between thinking we will win the league, and flat out calling it done halfway through the season.

Liverpool win their game in hand, 8 points behind. We were 7 behind them at a similar stage when we went on to win it in that epic run. We were 8 behind utd too, when we went on to win it.

I think we can well and probably will win the league.

I find calling it done crass and uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.