Home Brew

Have a gander through this:

Have a gander through this:

Thank you!! Tried using the Search option, but couldn't find anything

Just a heads up. Sainsburys are going 100% red grape juice (not concentrate) £1 per carton, tested and fermenting so no yeast killing preservatives

Here's a tip that took me years to work out..How to get rid of that home brewy flavour when using a beer kit.
Depending where you live and your local water supply, boil all the water first. Comes out tasting like a proper beer without "that" taste.
Also, if using a cheap kit, cut down the water by a third to make a much more palatable (and stronger) brew.
Highly recommend getting a huge catering pan and having a crack making it from raw ingredients..Not hard to do and worth the effort.
If you fancy an experiment- google turbo cider....

I want to make Cider this year. Anybody ever done this? We have access to a lot of local apples. I went round the old folks row of cottages and told them l, I’m having your apples or the whole row is getting torched.

So, just how to do it would be lovely.

I regularly brew beer & also like to make flavoured gins. Had a free home brew beer festival a few years back as a way of introducing ourselves to the neighbourhood when we moved to our new home. It was quite tricky brewing & storing all the beers without them turning before the big day, but we got the timing right & it was a great success even though it pissed down on the day. Was going to have another one, but last two years have been a right off thanks to covid. Hopefully this year might be the one.

Attachments

• 6ADCF60B-3401-4F35-B27D-415349AA2B3C.jpeg
    6ADCF60B-3401-4F35-B27D-415349AA2B3C.jpeg
    254 KB · Views: 22
  • 5D03C7E2-E024-44FB-AA2F-9C27C85E5F51.jpeg
    5D03C7E2-E024-44FB-AA2F-9C27C85E5F51.jpeg
    219 KB · Views: 22
I want to make Cider this year. Anybody ever done this? We have access to a lot of local apples. I went round the old folks row of cottages and told them l, I’m having your apples or the whole row is getting torched.

I've no specific tips but believe it's one of the easiest homebrews to make, in terms of maintenance and even down to storage equipment.

I got given boxs of them last year that were going out of date, bought a juicing press and a kitchen food processor to help with the scratting.

The resulting brew after using high strength yeast was like tasty rocket fuel.

The freshly squeezed apple juice though was delicious.

I got given boxs of them last year that were going out of date, bought a juicing press and a kitchen food processor to help with the scratting.

The resulting brew after using high strength yeast was like tasty rocket fuel.

The freshly squeezed apple juice though was delicious.
Tasty rocket fuel you say? I’m in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.