Religion

The style of writing.

To me it seems a few steps removed from this. Harmless spirituality or woo and not something to get pent up about.

If I said I was writing in an explorative, rather than definitive, manner would that fit with what you are saying?

For me there is a sense that if truth is kept to ‘facts’ rather than also being open to grounded experience, then it would make it more likely that the likes of religion would become ‘holier than thou’ in a way that could increase fundamentalism. But also the likes of nationalism and racism. Then you might even end up with a combination of the three. Evangelism, maga and whites supremacy, anyone? With lots of guns?

How you interpret feelings is your own truth.
Plenty of people feel intense states/experiences without the need to explain it. Think of religion/God as wearing a glove, one can't appreciate it for whatever is without actually touching it, I can and therin lies true freedom and contentment.
To put it another way it could be seen as the difference between cycles of a stressed alertness and being switched off and opening to a truly relaxed presence - the latter lending itself more naturally to qualities such as rhythm, balance, fluidity of movement etc

If I said I was writing in an explorative, rather than definitive, manner would that fit with what you are saying?

For me there is a sense that if truth is kept to ‘facts’ rather than also being open to grounded experience, then it would make it more likely that the likes of religion would become ‘holier than thou’ in a way that could increase fundamentalism. But also the likes of nationalism and racism. Then you might even end up with a combination of the three. Evangelism, maga and whites supremacy, anyone? With lots of guns?

That’s a fair point to make but I saw the vague style and vagueness of the views you seemed to have as intrinsically linked. The former representing a shadow of the latter.

none of the church fathers prior to 3 centuries after jesus, mentioned the father and the son as being equally. it was mentioned in the 4th century. why did it take so long to make both god and jesus in the same bracket?

To put it another way it could be seen as the difference between cycles of a stressed alertness and being switched off and opening to a truly relaxed presence - the latter lending itself more naturally to qualities such as rhythm, balance, fluidity of movement etc
Yes why not, it's not for me but why not.
When folk start making what are generally accepted as nonsense claims and then use the 'good book' to justify them that's where I see fault.

none of the church fathers prior to 3 centuries after jesus, mentioned the father and the son as being equally. it was mentioned in the 4th century. why did it take so long to make both god and jesus in the same bracket?
And god is slipping further away now to make way for Jeebus cos he was like you know real.
Have to make it more palatable for the indoctrinated as they go, don't ya know?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.