Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
They haven’t successfully chased a title down from this stage of the season, or later, in 31 years, whereas we’ve done it four times in the last decade. It’s little wonder they conspicuously lack self-belief in that regard and why I always have a chuckle to myself when posters on RAWK question our team’s mental fortitude.

If the roles had been reversed, they would definitely have crumbled in 2019. There is simply no way they would have won 14 in a row with that amount of pressure being applied. I feel it sometimes get slightly overlooked, but no City fan should ever forget what an incredible sporting achievement that was. It was an absolute privilege to experience.

Also they were very lucky. Their many wins like our last win against Arsenal.

Also they were very lucky. Their many wins looked like our last win against Arsenal.
The ‘luck‘ they got that season only served to accentuate the pressure. It seemed for much of that season their name was on the trophy. To deal with that pressure, game after game, and keep winning, at the business end of the season, was a truly incredible sporting feat. We also won 18 of the last 19 games. Absolutely astonishing record, given the amount of pressure that was on.

Incredible to think how much a difference that clearance from Stones appears to have made in the end. What a brilliant night that was.

Incredible to think how much a difference that clearance from Stones appears to have made in the end.
XbFfjY0.gif

"I don't believe it"

They haven’t successfully chased a title down from this stage of the season, or later, in 31 years, whereas we’ve done it four times in the last decade. It’s little wonder they conspicuously lack self-belief in that regard and why I always have a chuckle to myself when posters on RAWK question our team’s mental fortitude.

If the roles had been reversed, they would definitely have crumbled in 2019. There is simply no way they would have won 14 in a row with that amount of pressure being applied. I feel it sometimes gets slightly overlooked, but no City fan should ever forget what an incredible sporting achievement that was. It was an absolute privilege to experience.

I honestly felt like I needed a season off after that, I was mentally drained

If the roles had been reversed, they would definitely have crumbled in 2019. There is simply no way they would have won 14 in a row with that amount of pressure being applied. I feel it sometimes gets slightly overlooked, but no City fan should ever forget what an incredible sporting achievement that was. It was an absolute privilege to experience.
Oooooooo, if I was being cheeky I would suggest that was getting dangerously close to suggesting that City may be "mentality monsters"...but of course I would never suggest anything like that, what with supporting the original mentality monsters and self proclaimed European Royalty.
But, I think you are right. I think that mental strength comes from a long period of dominance , a settled squad. A team who know what they are doing and who have trophies to back it up.

Oooooooo, if I was being cheeky I would suggest that was getting dangerously close to suggesting that City may be "mentality monsters"...but of course I would never suggest anything like that, what with supporting the original mentality monsters and self proclaimed European Royalty.
But, I think you are right. I think that mental strength comes from a long period of dominance , a settled squad. A team who know what they are doing and who have trophies to back it up.
True domestically but that mental fortitude needs to improve in the CL knockout stages.

He could have come to City.
He chose the dippers.
So sad...

Hehe!
Could you imagine Peps reaction if one of our players described himself as important to the team. VVD may well be important to them and their best CB but he does he need to effectively let his team mates know he thinks hes better than them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.