Punk and New Wave thread.

Anyone remember the American band, Plasmatics? Their shows were theatrically outrageous in a sensationalistic way but I thought they were just a bit of a gimmick. Lead singer Wendy O' Williams was always semi naked with her jugs on show. I bought Butcher Baby on 7" pink 'blood splattered' vinyl, was a decent track i suppose.
PLASMATICS_BUTCHER+BABY+-+COLOURED+VINYL-171656b.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone remember the American band, Plasmatics? Their shows were theatrically outrageous in a sensationalistic way but I thought they were just a bit of a gimmick. Wendy O' Williams was singer was always semi naked with her jugs on show. I bought Butcher Baby on 7" pink 'blood splattered' vinyl, was a decent track i suppose.
View attachment 34228

Didn't she perform topless or somethijg?
Edit. Just read your whole text and yes semi naked

I don't know much about them but i read they came to England to perform a show in London but got banned before the night of the gig. Just wondering if anyone got to see them live. @Barcon ?

Never saw them mate. I never really got into the American punk bands. Some were good like the Dead Boys, Devo etc.
I saw a few of the Canadian bands when I first came over, Dents, Diodes, Viletones, B. Girls etc.
I became good mates with one or two. They loved the fact that they new an English punk and borrowed all my records to tape.

Never saw them mate. I never really got into the American punk bands. Some were good like the Dead Boys, Devo etc.
I saw a few of the Canadian bands when I first came over, Dents, Diodes, Viletones, B. Girls etc.
I became good mates with one or two. They loved the fact that they new an English punk and borrowed all my records to tape.
You missed out the Dead Kennedys mate. I take it you liked them ?

Said it before and I'll say it again - best punk gig I ever saw( Mcr Poly '80) and they weren't even one of my top 5 favourite punk bands back then.

You missed out the Dead Kennedys mate. I take it you liked them ?

Said it before and I'll say it again - best punk gig I ever saw( Mcr Poly '80) and they weren't even one of my top 5 favourite punk bands back then.
I never got into them mate. By the time they put anything out Punk was dead in my eyes.
I'll never forget my mate sending me over the new Buzzcocks album, Love Bites and the feeling that it was all over after I listened to it for the first time.
I guess I always lumped them in with the second wave along with Black Flag, D.O.A etc. The hardcore scene.

I never got into them mate. By the time they put anything out Punk was dead in my eyes.
I'll never forget my mate sending me over the new Buzzcocks album, Love Bites and the feeling that it was all over after I listened to it for the first time.
I guess I always lumped them in with the second wave along with Black Flag, D.O.A etc. The hardcore scene.
They released their debut single - California Uber Alles in 79 pal, punk was still alive and thriving in the UK back then, maybe not in Toronto though.

My mate bought the single after hearing it on John Peel show and i remember us listening to in his bedroom. They were a different sounding kind of raw energy and angst to me.

B- side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.