10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he played ok today. Should maybe have scored in the first half with that chance but other that he worked hard and was part of a solid team performance.

Such a weird contrast of opinions. At the match all i heard around me was grumblings of him not doing enough which is putting it mildly, yet opinions on here are vastly different.

Personally, thought he was average and the weak link. First half, our press wasn't working because he was always too late to his man, they played out from their right so many times because of it. On the ball he was generally far far too predictable and safe. Few glimmers of good stuff as the game went on but nowhere near enough.

Very patchy performance to be honest. Gutsy but too often off the pace. Definitely not a long-term prospect as a winger at City - He'll hopefully be given a more central role before the end of the season to see what he's made of.

Certainly doesn't look like a top-class player alongside non-Villa players. He's got a long way to go.

Blatantly obvious hes going to be a different class within 12mths like most we sign. Looking forward to seeing many disappear from this thread when that comes

Coming in for a lot of stick in the match thread but I think you can see he's doing the right things, just a little slower than everyone else.

It's not natural for him yet, and he's probably making a few mistakes in front of goal because he's thinking too much about where to be, and when, and as he becomes fluent in that he'll start sticking all those chances away. I imagine he'll start getting a bit more confident as a dribbler and doing some magic stuff when he's no longer having to focus on the basics.

After today I actually think he might have his big breakthrough this season, not next season. Could be massive in the last 2 months of the season.
Think hes another who will benefit from us having a striker. He did one really good run and put in a lovely ball across the 6 yard box but as usual no one was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.