Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am clearly in the minority here but I like Ronay’s writing. And to put a bit of balance back for those who haven’t read the article he ends by saying “this looks like the most irresistible club team English football has ever witnessed”.
If our fans are getting their knickers in a twist over someone who says that about us then maybe a bit of perspective would help.
It is complimentary and he does list the positives which make us stand out, the interesting one for me was the transfer focus on technically gifted 40-70m players, I haven’t seen that highlighted in the papers before.
But, guardian columnists always qualify praise in any article which is positive about the team or club with references to city being owned by a state or ethics etc. Wilson always.
Perhaps it’s because they’re columnists rather than sports reporters so they feel the need to add politics, but to me it sounds a bit cheap and unnecessary when the thrust of the column isn’t Conn style and about our dirty oil money. Don’t have my knickers in a twist about it though and perhaps it’s just negativity bias that draws my attention to it.

Had to listen to the end of talksport, Sam matterface had to say at the final whistle something like “how do the premier league solve the problem of city’s dominance” something similar BT ended on too when I got in and caught the analysis. Fucking laughable

Everything about MOTD tonight sums up what we get week in week out from the media, the commentary (poor as usual, mentioning Pep looking well after covid is out of order), the edit of the match (almost made it look an equal game). Lineker commenting that we've had it easy on covid and injuries. Surprised they let Micah Richards on.

Never had a problem with MOTD, Lineker and Shearer have praised us more over the last few seasons than any pundits going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.