Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am clearly in the minority here but I like Ronay’s writing. And to put a bit of balance back for those who haven’t read the article he ends by saying “this looks like the most irresistible club team English football has ever witnessed”.
If our fans are getting their knickers in a twist over someone who says that about us then maybe a bit of perspective would help.
I read that article and agree with you. 2/3rds of it was incredibly positive and thoughtful. 1/3 was hateful and the worst type of City bingo. I do wish the club would do more to build relationships with these journalists and try and eliminate the stuff that is just factually wrong. Unlimited riches, owned by a country etc etc.

Seems our win over Chelsea didn't please everyone.
This bit:
Even some City players don’t seem thrilled to be part of it. Ferran Torres came, saw and left. Bernardo Silva has been a standout performer, but he spent the summer trying to engineer a move to Spain. Raheem Sterling was recently named Premier League player of the month for December, yet he too recently admitted he was considering leaving. These are the star players for what is now the richest and most powerful club in the world, and yet they seem to be wondering, “Is this all there is?”
Has to be about the most dishonest, specious load of bollocks I can remember reading in quite while. Our player retention is second to none.

James Ducker isn't in the whatsapp group. Great piece on Bernardo today and the game report yesterday was without any of the crap:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...merged-darkness-become-player-year-contender/

Usually telegraph behind paywall but these aren't for me.

Are you sure about his allegiances ? The only record I can find of him authoring anything is a contribution to an anthology of stories about united.
Not 100% sure, no. It's just an impression I got from his numerous writings.

Like in his latest article "How Man City changed the way you win the league" where he comes out with "Liverpool’s dominance was in such a different football world in terms of finances that it almost has no relevance." while still having a slight dig at Utd.

I might be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.