What was your football boot of choice

The FOCs on here know REAL football boots, not the plastic shite of today that even clashes with the kit!

As a kid, it was longing for the Stylo Matchmakers, of course.

As you got a bit older and started playing serious ball, it was the inevitable “fork in the road choice” of Puma or Adidas???

Puma Kings we’re great until my sole cracked between the front two screw-ins and the middle two.

From there, it was Adidas Copa Mundials for the hard grounds and turf or the World Cup Winners for the wet.

Beckenbauers were a good shout for turf, as well, but could be a bit heavy and clunky.

I favored a pair of blue (nylon & suede) Nikes for professional indoor soccer, as they were very comfortable and had a harder outsole, although I’ve worn out my share of Sambas, too.

Last edited:
Started off I think with Adidas beckenbauer, then Puma Kempes Rosario then the doyen of boots Puma Kings think my last two years hacking about were in Mizuno’s which were really quite nice even if I was quite shite.

Adidas World Cup Soft Ground Classic Mens Black Football ...

We’re they the ones that had the green trim?

I remember some studded Adidas boots with green trim I wore until they fell apart.
The Santigo's i wore had a blue trim , great boots but didnt make me play any better , a full back who kicked anything above grass , wouldnt have lasted five minutes with these new fangled yellow and red cards , always preferred the refs notebook and informing the ref how to spell my name, although most of them new it :)

It's not the boots that makes the player... nobody gives a shit what they wore

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.