James Ward-Prowse

I love him. A player I've wanted at City for many years. Sadly isn't really a MOTD player the way someone like Grealish is and isn't as easy on the eye for people so therefore isn't as popular.

This place always hates Premier League players, and English players, when we sign them. You can go back to the Walker thread and see people saying he'll never be good enough, one trick pony, only good enough for Spurs etc.

Unfortunately I think Saints would want a lot of money for him and rightly so, he’s their main man nowadays. Though he would probably hold his value

I think Southampton might let him go on the cheap as a thank you for signing his new deal last year instead of leaving on a free in 2022. He's 27, he's been at the club for 19 years, captained them, stayed with them through the tough last couple of years, but this is his chance for a move with the world cup coming around and he's just on the fringe of the England squad.

I can definitely see Liverpool signing him as a Henderson successor/ Wijnaldum replacement, and he's the high pressing midfielder United are desperate for.

Which is why I think he won't sign for us....there's big teams out there who would slot him into the starting XI, whereas he'd be a sub here.

Maybe I’m being too simplistic, but his set pieces + the number of chances we get + Haaland/Vlahovic would be a huge amount of goals.

We draw so many fouls and get so many corners. And sometimes, if they’re defending 11 deep, the best thing you can do is twat it in from 30 yards.

Not sure he could play a pure 6 from the off, but i've no worries about him as a double pivot or right sided (Inverted RB/DM etc) player in our team in games tbh.

Maybe I’m being too simplistic, but his set pieces + the number of chances we get + Haaland/Vlahovic would be a huge amount of goals.

We draw so many fouls and get so many corners. And sometimes, if they’re defending 11 deep, the best thing you can do is twat it in from 30 yards.

KDB isn’t exactly shit with set piece delivery, it’s put in the right area 9 times out of 10

It's a team game. Ward-Prowse is a very good player & we've been credibly linked with him in the past (hence the thread), but he's in a poor side. They were controlling plenty of games when they were in the top 4 a year ago and flying high, but they had a bunch of injuries and sold Ings.

He's one of the best pressing midfielders in the world, he's technically excellent, and I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he was linked to us as a back up to Rodri after Fernandinho retires.
Yeh, I wouldn’t be averse either. Works hard and his set pieces make him an absolute menace every single week. Would he come as an effective understudy to Rodders? Not sure.

Isn’t that the exact same approach Liverpool took by signing Andy Carroll and Stewart Downing?

I think the fact JWP is calm under pressure, can pick a pass and is an excellent pressing midfielder would be the reasons to sign him. His set piece delivery would be an extremely welcomed bonus.

This lad deserves a move to a club fighting for or in Europe. He’s technically class and works so hard and is passionate.

Maybe not City, but someone should have a go with him. Although he won’t be that cheap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.