#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes he acts so careless. We conceded the first goal because of his passing error and then he missed an amazing chance.

In the build up to their goal he gave the ball away, but what was worse for me was that he seemed to hold back from getting involved in a physical challenge, might have been with Romelu. Looked jaded and am surprised Jesus didn’t start.

Only one way Sterling ends up in Spain,and that's going on his holidays there,as been reported in last 24 hours,Barca chose Torres over him,says it all.
That skint Barca chose a £45m player over a £120m one who wants £400k a week wages?

I thought it was an off day after 6 weeks of great performances, and Bernardo and Cancelo were in the same boat.

Pep does this about once a year IMO he troes to squeeze one more game out of a tired lineup before an international or midsession break and we have a tough game.

Fair enough,that's all I needed,and I ain't taking piss neither.

If that's an honest assessment then fair enough,an off day,yea I see where you coming from there,I really do.Honest.

Go on,everybody is waiting here,you tell the masses how you rated that performance,instead of talking about the past few weeks.

Honest assessment ?

Go on everyone will be intrigued
He was awful today. He’s been very good for the last 6 weeks.
C’est la vie.

I don't often comment on individual player threads, because I know off days can happen to all of our players, but felt compelled tonight.

Dear me, Raheem. You are easily the most infuriating player I've ever watched at City.

Pep has squeezed literally every drop of quality from him. Of all the players to have played under Pep, Raheem is the biggest testament to how brilliant his coaching is. But he can't take him any further. Compare and contrast his technical ability to the rest of our forwards and you'll see that he has far too many limitations as a modern day forward. The reality is we can do better in that right-sided position. Gabby came on and within five minutes we already looked a bigger threat.

I love Raheem, always will; I stated on this forum that he has more than exceeded my expectations of him when he arrived and he can leave with his head held high. But he simply isn't good enough to be a regular feature in this team. He either accepts that Pep's system has outgrown him as a player, and subsequently signs new terms that reflect that (and an acceptance that he has to be a squad player at best), or he has to leave. That first half miss was inexcusable and we see it far too many times with him; he has zero composure when he's forced to think about a chance.

He has proven doubters wrong on manifold occasions, and I hold slender hope he will do it again. But honestly, I don't see it. There are signs of regression. In a few year times, if this Pep juggernaut is rolling on, Raheem probably won't be a part of it.

needs to be kept at training ground after others go home and make him practice sitters until his nose is bleeding.
today it cost us 2 points most likely other day it can be a CL QF or semis...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.