#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
needs to be kept at training ground after others go home and make him practice sitters until his nose is bleeding.
today it cost us 2 points most likely other day it can be a CL QF or semis...
Like you mean in previous years?

He hit that ball as if he was unmarked at the back post from a brilliant Kevin delivery, an the financial endorsements would keep on rolling in.

FFS lad bury it
I've genuinely never come across a professional footballer and an otherwise incredibly good one who is so so poor technically, so often. Everybody will have a stray shit touch or an air shot from time to time but it's multiple times a game with Raz, there's no explanation. It must be glaringly obvious in training, if he was a kid, he'd likely be sent back to the eds to save him the embrassment. Ederson never pings a ball to him despite him. Being prime candidate to receive a long pass, I strongly suspect its because of Sterlings touch. He used to do it with sane all the time to excellent effect when sane would run from wide into an open area to receive the ball approaching their area.

Last edited:
I've genuinely never come across a professional football and an otherwise incredibly good one who is so so poor technically, so often. Everybody will have a stray shit touch or an air shot from time to time but it's multiple times a game with Raz, there's no explanation. It must be glaringly obvious in training, if he was a kid, he'd likely be sent back to the eds to save him the embrassment. Ederson never pings a ball to him despite him. Being prime candidate to receive a long pass, I strongly suspect its because of Sterlings touch. He used to do it with sane all the time to excellent effect when sane would run from wide into an open area to receive the ball approaching their area.
He judges within the first 3 mins if he fancies taking the fullback on or not.
i said to the mrs at the start of the game he's not up for it.
Worse thing is that when he's mentally spent he runs off into the CF position as if he's a finisher and leaves a full side of the pitch for Kyle Walker to look after

He judges within the first 3 mins if he fancies taking the fullback on or not.
i said to the mrs at the start of the game he's not up for it.
Worse thing is that when he's mentally spent he runs off into the CF position as if he's a finisher and leaves a full side of the pitch for Kyle Walker to look after
The last bit is probably the correct call, I remarked during the game that walker played as a better right winger whilst covering fullback than sterling.

I remember reading a tweet where someone was saying how Raz doesn’t get the love for someone of his calibre and I agree with him so much. Blamed the most when things don’t go right, questioning his ability saying it’s all down to Pep. He’s had a bad game today, he missed a sitter ok, it’s not good enough. But how can some City fans then act like he’s never been good enough for us? Hes been one of our best players for the past month and in the entire Pep era.

been excellent last few games but was as bad as ever todsy. At least pep saw he was way off it and subbeed hum early.

hope hes back at it after the break Cos were better when hes on form.

I remember reading a tweet where someone was saying how Raz doesn’t get the love for someone of his calibre and I agree with him so much. Blamed the most when things don’t go right, questioning his ability saying it’s all down to Pep. He’s had a bad game today, he missed a sitter ok, it’s not good enough. But how can some City fans then act like he’s never been good enough for us? Hes been one of our best players for the past month and in the entire Pep era.
A very very large part of our success and nobody can say he hasn’t. Never hides. Some of the comments about him are scandalous. Never been an ounce of trouble off the pitch either.

The guy you originally responded to when you started talking about how he'd never play in Spain. You're aware Madrid is in Spain, right?

You mean apart from the shit load of people in this thread, including myself, who have said exactly that?

Christ alive, a small part of me wants rid of Raheem just because he seems to bring the worst out of certain City fans.

Even if they do go quiet for long periods of time.

There are only 3 things certain in life death, taxes and that sterling won’t be great for a long period of time.

Hugely frustrating player in frustrates shocker. He has always been half great half shit not sure why anyone is surprised. The only question is after all this time does his positive qualities make up for games like today? There isn’t much poInt arguing about his worth overall after every game.

He has been better recently and I have said so, when he is poor I will say so. He is not a scape goat he just has the biggest highs and lows of any footballer I have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.