#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can always tell what sort of game Raz is going to have in his first couple of touches, in fact you can tell what mood the whole city team are in within the first 5 mins or so of a game .
Been saying thus for a while. You can tell quite early in a game if we're going to struggle to score.

As for Raheem, he has one absolute stinker every few games, you either accept or he will drive you mad.

His worst moment for me yesterday was neither the misplaced pass to Walker from which Southampton countered and scored, nor his terrible miss, but the lack of a genuine effort to properly press their defender and stop the counter in the first place. As if the misplaced pass sucked hiim into a black hole for a moment and he didn't know what to do. Here's the difference with Jesus who is less likely to misplace that pass and less likely to fail to press properly after losing the ball.

If Raz plays like that after the break, Mahrez and Jesus will displace him. Hopefully he will be back to his best.

Mahrez would of put that high into the net, the keeper wouldn't of had a chance, raheem has everything, his movement is quality, he gets into all the right places, maybe he lacks that something special that makes a player truly world class
He lacks the cold calculating brain of a "born striker". He is reliably unreliable, probably the most frustrating player to pull on a City shirt.
Match-winner one minute, followed by a miss-of-the-season the next. It is not a confidence problem, or a physical problem, he is not scared of missing, he puts in a shift, seems popular in the dressing-room. So many positives, he should be in every-body's starting eleven.....
He is not going to change now, he will always be a sort of lucky dip on legs, a jokers wild card, provoking high emotion, from anger to ecstacy. Fierce loyalty to antagonism. Both sides have ammunition to back their opinion, crucial goals versus crucial misses, great assists versus simple passes mis-placed. A genuine world-class striker could help Raz by simplifying his role as a winger and "providing" rather than "taking" chances, just a thought....

To be fair "shit' is a little unfair.
Unreliable, inconsistent and all too frequently disappointing. Much like myself.
Drives me potty, bad for my blood pressure.

Just painful to watch the vast majority of the time, take yesterday for example. Forget all the basic stuff he fucked up, he was up against a low level French fullback who he’s never probably been up against in his career. Did he try and take him on? Not a single time. Pathetic.

Drives me potty, bad for my blood pressure.

Just painful to watch the vast majority of the time, take yesterday for example. Forget all the basic stuff he fucked up, he was up against a low level French fullback who he’s never probably been up against in his career. Did he try and take him on? Not a single time. Pathetic.
He's a quick athlete; a non footballing footballer to me. Sometimes he plays and gets the run of the ball and follows the instructions well, but I wouldn't put my mortgage on him successfully doing anything basic. Yes, he's performed better recently , but as sure as night follows day, you get yesterday's non performance. All players drop form now and then, but none so dramatically.

Last edited:
His performance yesterday was epitomised by a moment in the first half. We were on a break and he had the ball out wide, there was a chasm between two Southampton midfielders and all he needed to do was slip the ball through said chasm into Kev, who'd have had acres of space to run into. Instead he dwelled and dwelled, before eventually turning back and passing to our backline. He may even have lost the ball, if I remember correctly.

He seems to flap when we're in opportune, attacking moments. I'm hoping he can replicate the form we all know he is capable of between now and the end of the season because, make no mistake, the league is not done: and we'll need everybody firing on all cylinders. One cast iron characteristic of Pep's title winning teams is zero passengers.

Turn it back on Raheem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.