Southampton (A) - Post Match Thread

That's a novelty started by the American FA overthinking things and applying the rule about "ball in and out of play" to all markings on the pitch, so if part of the ball is overhanging the line it's "in" the area. Nothing has ever officially changed in the laws.
Just make the arc bigger?

That was a long arse day. Iam getting to old for these sessions now haha.
A great day and great support again in the main, we have some really shite songs though.
Credit to saints first 45 mins but second half we woke up, shame that VAR seemed to stop our rhythm as a goal seemed like it was coming. 2 points lost or 1 point gained ? I know if we would have said 12 wins and 1 draw in our next 13 games we would have loved it.
We are still the team to beat.
But Southampton stewards are still the biggest cunts in the league

You'd think he'd shagged a lot of posters mums on the match day thread.
Some of the comments are ridiculous but you can't blame some fans for expecting more from a player that cost £100m.
I know the fee isn't his fault but that comes with the territory i'm afraid, happens to all big money buys at every club.
Personally, i think he'll come good and prove to be a decent buy when he understands what is required of him

Some of the comments are ridiculous but you can't blame some fans for expecting more from a player that cost £100m.
I know the fee isn't his fault but that comes with the territory i'm afraid, happens to all big money buys at every club.
Personally, i think he'll come good and prove to be a decent buy when he understands what is required of him
Like Bernie I feel that once he's fully bedded in a season some rag **** will still get his Engerland place over him.

ok feeling much better today and we are still in the driving seat. yes we have to take a point and it could have been a loss so move on to bigger and brighter things. so looking forward champions league and FA cup will be back after the break and 3 games a week..

i think city play better when we have to play in midweek and weekends without much down time ? maybe its a rhythm thing once we keep going we find our form much better. anyway another day and southampton out of the way hahah

ok feeling much better today and we are still in the driving seat. yes we have to take a point and it could have been a loss so move on to bigger and brighter things. so looking forward champions league and FA cup will be back after the break and 3 games a week..

i think city play better when we have to play in midweek and weekends without much down time ? maybe its a rhythm thing once we keep going we find our form much better. anyway another day and southampton out of the way hahah

Agree

Thankfully we have a tough fa cup tie before we get back into league action

I think it's definitely a rhythm thing, it's why we can lose in the CL when we've had too much downtime before those games or when we've won the league early we can find it hard to step back up again.

frustrating match for lots of reasons as it usually is against southampton but like pep said after the game , i did not expect to be so far clear in january so i am happy to trust the manager and every single one of those players that we are lucky enough to be able to see play in a city shirt!
I was very frustrated watching it. Right until the last minute I thought we could get a winner but it wasn't to be.

When it's done and dusted we have to accept that there will be days like this in every season. We came up against a side who on their day can play very well, and increasingly there are more and more sides like this in the Premier League. It's only City and Liverpool who usually overcome them. The likes of Chelsea and Arsenal frequently get beat by them.

There are occasions when City turn in a really complacent game, or when Pep has a brain fart but today was a game where city got hit by a bolt from the blue, and thereafter had a massive game on our hands. I think we could have and should have won regardless but overall I prefer to be with my team than against them. The effort was there we just lost composure at times.

Is VAR not used for free kicks? The decision was that the foul was outside the box, that would have been a great position for a KDB set piece.
Agree with this.
A foul was committed.
Was it just inside the box for a pen?
Was it outside?
A very close call.
However, a foul was committed so we should have got a free kick at least, I believe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.