Offended by food?

I maintain that the concept of offence and being offended gets spoken about 95% of the time by people who think everyone goes on about being offended too much. Usually because their news-stream knows it's an easy outrage-click to post "Millenials OFFENDED by SOCKS?!!!!" or something, when all they've done is find a tweet about something completely unrelated.

Reports in yesterday that children are joining high schools with reading ages of 6 year olds, at least when you went to school the language they taught you was taught very well ;)

I have to get something off my chest, and I will feel better.
Mrs Asa though retired is teaching one day a week in a small country school 4/6 yr olds . On Friday evening I asked her how it went, they did art in the afternoon and she had to teach them about Kandinsky and his art shite. Wtf was my reply they cant read or write or add 2 + 3. Kandinsky my arse I said. She still isn't speaking to me.
Which muppet is in charge of this crap... Kevin Friend ?

It beggars belief if some people think you can spend the whole afternoon every day teaching infants how to read.

Reports in yesterday that children are joining high schools with reading ages of 6 year olds, at least when you went to school the language they taught you was taught very well ;)
When I left Wilbraham Junior school in 1963 to go to secondary several of the kids were functionally illiterate.
Don’t peddle the “education was all better in the past” meme.

I maintain that the concept of offence and being offended gets spoken about 95% of the time by people who think everyone goes on about being offended too much. Usually because their news-stream knows it's an easy outrage-click to post "Millenials OFFENDED by SOCKS?!!!!" or something, when all they've done is find a tweet about something completely unrelated.
This. The number of times I read an article talking about how some people are outraged by X or Y, only to click the article and see nothing more than two or three tweets quoted from people who have a hundred or so followers.

When I left Wilbraham Junior school in 1963 to go to secondary several of the kids were functionally illiterate.
Absolutely. They knew fuck all in the past. We still believed I before E except after C. It turns out that's bollocks.

Cultural appropriation is a load of old bollocks
Every single thing that’s ever existed in human history is culturally appropriated… everything!

And with food, the mixing of ingredients from different influences sees recipes and dishes evolve. Without appropriating ideas and combinations of ingredients from other cultures, everyone in the world would be eating boring dishes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to put it into some perspective, imagine you went into a restaurant in America, ordered fish and chips, and this abomination showed up.

Q2iHNHx9-20140731_115007-011.jpeg
Fish and chips aren’t even a British dish.

Deep fried fish was brought to Britain by Jews; chips are Belgian.

Last edited by a moderator:

When my cohort left St John Boscoe, Blackley in 69 the vast majority went to Grammar school . Most of us from poor working class council estates.
I cannot remember studying Kandinsky at 5 though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.