VAR Thread - 2021/22

Without Var it be worse the amount of game they would have our player ofside while the scum are of by a foot and let the goal stand yeah at weekend it was a close Ofside for the rags but it would be worse! There was a game at spurs where a spurs player was a yard ofside goal given because no var back then!

Hopefully with the amount of people in the media calling out the pen it will calm down some now!

QUOTE="bluetonium, post: 14560921, member: 11557"]
Stick a formal complaint in, no way that wasn't a red. The action, he pushes down into the challenge, was dangerous. That the referee and var both saw it as only a booking was incredible.

At least highlighting it may put the spotlight on the shadowy shits hiding in the var booth.
[/QUOTE
Having seen that appalling challenge a few times, I believe that the Southampton player, knowing that he had made a bad challenge and believing he would undoubtedly be sent off, decided to continue raking Laportes leg.
Dreadful challenge and dire officiating.

This discussion continually goes round and round.
Dippers / United get bent decision, everyone complains. City get screwed, everyone complains.
Something needs to be done, bent refs, etc, etc.
Out comes the brush, lift the carpet, sweep everything under it.

Next round of matches.
Dippers / United get bent decision, everyone complains. City get screwed, everyone complains.

Next round of matches.

Ad infinitum

VAR needs binning but can you imagine how difficult it is for refs and officials nowadays when the game is completely infested with cheat players & practically every player either cheats or feigns injury at every opportunity.
I mean, the game is fucked when players get slagged on tv for not going down.
The problem isn't just var or the refs

In my opinion if there isn't a reaction from PGMOL after those 2 blatantly wrong decisions going in favour of the dippers , then it is clear that they are sticking two fingers up firmly to all football fans, and the explanation of incompetence is totally wrong.

Using VAR correctly should have seen both goals disallowed , but once again either the dippers receive decisions in their favour.

The PL clearly want a competitive league and PiGMOL are imo used to ensure exactly that .

I don't believe that incompetence is the explanation for these incidents, despite all teams suffering from them, because they happen too often in favour of certain teams .
It's difficult to believe that the decisions to award Liverpool a pen and the decision not to award Newcastle a pen at the weekend were genuine incompetence.

I was watching a score programme on TV on Saturday afternoon when Peter Walton was asked to comment on the non award of the Newcastle pen when St Maximin was tripped in the box. The only explanation he could offer was human error. This was treated by derision by the other presenters, questioning what is the point of VAR then?

It appears that VAR deliberately giving the wrong decision to favour certain teams is the explanation. Newcastle are not wanted on the Premier League.

This discussion continually goes round and round.

Next round of matches.

Next round of matches.

Ad infinitum
That would make a good Diana Ross song...

You know full well that they could have chosen a frame which showed Cavani offside with the ball still at Martial's feet and NOBODY would have questioned the decision.

VAR is being used to manipulate close decisions and we are being conned.

Yep. I was just referring to the analysis of that particular frame, but, yes, the ball is in contact with the foot for 3 or 4 frames at 50 fps. Much too easy to make a mistake (deliberate or not) with the frame, and movement in each frame can be more than three or four inches if the players are moving in opposite directions.

Case of trying to be too accurate and failing.

In the six months since this thread was opened, 21% of the posts have been about this weekend's game. To me, this indicates that this weekend is something of an outlier, and goes against the norm.

Yes, VAR will always throw up some contentious decisions, but they are becoming less frequent, which is a good thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.