VAR Thread - 2021/22

Certainly not me, i'd send off every player who told me to fuck off & also send off the ones who dived.
Fcuk me, we'd be lucky to finish with 2 a side

Rags and dippers would certainly be serial losers of players.

Oh wait, that wouldn't happen because they don't do it :}-

I’m re
In the six months since this thread was opened, 21% of the posts have been about this weekend's game. To me, this indicates that this weekend is something of an outlier, and goes against the norm.

Yes, VAR will always throw up some contentious decisions, but they are becoming less frequent, which is a good thing.
I’m resigned to how shit VAR is so post less often about it

Err, if they are becoming 'less frequent' why have last weeks games suddenly added 21% to the thread?

Because we rarely get this level of opposition to VAR. If VAR was this bad every week, we would have 180 posts about it every week, and this thread would be closer to 4000 than the 860 it is on at the moment.

Clubs are charged 10k per match for VAR ! Think if I was palace I would refuse to pay next time.

Makes you wonder if some clubs are paying more ;)

The quality of refereeing in England is terrible. It's just as bad in the championship without VAR. Minor celebrities who enjoy the spotlight a bit too much, and get drawn into "narratives" a bit too easily. This is made worse by the football media being full of former players who played 25 years ago and apparently didn't know the laws of the game but did know what they could and couldn't get away with. VAR has made the refereeing problem worse, the league has done a terrible job of communicating what it can and can't intervene on - "clear and obvious" was always a stupid phrase - and pundits are then making everything murkier. It's a real mess.
Nope.
It's blatant and outright cheating.
And it was going on way before var.it is sickening.nothing will change.
All clubs are in this together.for the good of the product.
And its why refs get 50k silence money when they retire.
And why gambling runs football.
And ..exactly what the' Football is fixed' website has been saying for nearly a 'decade now.
And still folk come on here and say the refs are inadequate.
The system works perfectly,imo,for those who instigated it.

Perhaps VAR should only get involved if the on-field ref' requests it? For example if he's not certain if a foul is inside/outside the box or if a linesman tells him he can't be certain about offside. All subjective incidents should be left entirely to the ref. He decided when VAR gets involved.
The trouble is the same old problem of, by and large, the refs are shit. If we had good refs who had built up credibility and trust with the fans (a bit like some of those from the 70's and 80's although NOT Clive Thpmas!!) then I'd agree with you but if tat happened now then every decision would go to VAR!

Nope.
It's blatant and outright cheating.
And it was going on way before var.it is sickening.nothing will change.
All clubs are in this together.for the good of the product.
And its why refs get 50k silence money when they retire.
And why gambling runs football.
And ..exactly what the' Football is fixed' website has been saying for nearly a 'decade now.
And still folk come on here and say the refs are inadequate.
The system works perfectly,imo,for those who instigated it.
No, I don't think its quite like that. I don't think all cubs are in it but as the revenue has increased the red clubs/Sky big 4 have taken too much influence and control. There are no doubt the odd ref who is corrupt but I've always believed they are more subconsciously than consciously driven to make decisions against us and in favour of the red clubs.
Now VAR has jus become the nail in the coffin as it is currently implemented - under independent control it would actually reduce the number of bent decisions the red clubs get

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.