10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't say so I would think it's more that he just stood out more at Villa it was a one man show at times at City it's more about the whole team
Tbf if you could say Grealish has lost a certain flair at City he'd hardly be alone. Mahrez, Bernardo, De Bruyne, Jesus, Torres (when he was here), Walker, and Gundogan have all lost a certain attacking freedom since joining City.

It's all been for the better of the team though (as you say), but my point is that a person can't fairly single Grealish out for it.

Yes i do , he is much more cautious than he was at villa , we have a well oiled machine that he has to learn , he goes where pep puts him , he doesnt have the freedom here that he had there because he is not the main man
Sounds just like mahrezs first season albeit his stats were better than grealishs. Mahrez got better in his second season and was very good last season i can see grealish being the same tbh. The only question which position does his future lie in left wing or left midfield.

Was we as Wierd as this when we lost SWP to Chelsea?? Villa fans just can't seem to let Grealish go.

On the basis of performances for us to date, they've probably got a point. It's certainly not the Jack they knew and loved at Villa.

Jack may well develop into a much better, much more effective player under Pep over a period of time, but as I've said in earlier posts, he's a square peg in a round hole at the moment. As such, Vila fans will probably be frustrated that he's not being used to best effect. That's their opinion - they're entitled to it. Only time will tell whether they're right or not!

Our Valencia. He somehow inherited the number of the greatest player in their history too!

Sounds just like mahrezs first season albeit his stats were better than grealishs. Mahrez got better in his second season and was very good last season i can see grealish being the same tbh. The only question which position does his future lie in left wing or left midfield.

Bernardo was very similar. He wasn't ripping up any trees, and some on here were dubious. Look at him now. That's because players aren't recruited at City and told, “Just go out there and strut your stuff, son”. When they get to City and Pep, they go back to school. It takes time to learn the curriculum.

Bernado had a great first season, not sure why some here keep trying to downplay the impact he had in his first season here.
Bernardo was very similar. He wasn't ripping up any trees, and some on here were dubious. Look at him now. That's because players aren't recruited at City and told, “Just go out there and strut your stuff, son”. When they get to City and Pep, they go back to school. It takes time to learn the curriculum.

Yes i do , he is much more cautious than he was at villa , we have a well oiled machine that he has to learn , he goes where pep puts him , he doesnt have the freedom here that he had there because he is not the main man
I think the biggest thing is that he doesn’t have the luxury of losing the ball in this team, and that if he does do it too often, he’ll find himself on the bench.

Clearly, he’s playing a little constrained compared to at Villa, but he seems to be bedding in.

His recent performances have been much improved. More movement, more use of the ball, and some of the freedom that Bernardo gets (because he is a ball magnet!).

It would be nice to see some greater penetration from him, but it feels like he’s a few breaks and one good game from a “breakout” that quiets all naysayers…of which I was one earlier in the season.

Not overly arsed by his off feild antics unless it disrupts others in the dressing room (take a bow Phil). Loved Mario so would be hypercritical to throw any shit at Jack on that front....
Those of us who were doubters before he signed got a right slagging off by the fan boys. Questioning the hype that he would take us up to the next level, I got called cretin, moron, thick cnt etc. It was hostile and abusive. Funny that the hostility and abuse was coming from one direction only - the fanboys. And so it has continued.
So, as I wait for this next level, missing piece to reveal itself to us, I have seen him become a reliable but unremarkable squad player. That's fine to a point.

Don't give a shit about his price either. But those that say he has been brilliant are deluded. Over praising medocraty never works.

Pep is doing his job in sheilding him from critism. I trust in Pep to do what he can to bring out the best in him.

He had the potential to become our first 'product' player. To generate marketing and exposure and improve our reach and fanbase. If anything he is going backward in this regard. If he clicks on the pitch more then perhaps this will follow. We can but hope.

Ultimately, I am a City fan first and foremost. If he turns out good for the club I will welcome it. But if he doesn't improve the excuses (of which there are many and varied and ludicrous ones) must stop and the reality must bight.

Us doubters got pelters but doesn't mean we don't want him to succeed. In the meantime I will stick with acknowledging his good 'moments' while 'still waiting' for the next level missing piece of jigsaw player the fanboys promised.

Not overly arsed by his off feild antics unless it disrupts others in the dressing room (take a bow Phil). Loved Mario so would be hypercritical to throw any shit at Jack on that front....
Those of us who were doubters before he signed got a right slagging off by the fan boys. Questioning the hype that he would take us up to the next level, I got called cretin, moron, thick cnt etc. It was hostile and abusive. Funny that the hostility and abuse was coming from one direction only - the fanboys. And so it has continued.
So, as I wait for this next level, missing piece to reveal itself to us, I have seen him become a reliable but unremarkable squad player. That's fine to a point.

Don't give a shit about his price either. But those that say he has been brilliant are deluded. Over praising medocraty never works.

Pep is doing his job in sheilding him from critism. I trust in Pep to do what he can to bring out the best in him.

He had the potential to become our first 'product' player. To generate marketing and exposure and improve our reach and fanbase. If anything he is going backward in this regard. If he clicks on the pitch more then perhaps this will follow. We can but hope.

Ultimately, I am a City fan first and foremost. If he turns out good for the club I will welcome it. But if he doesn't improve the excuses (of which there are many and varied and ludicrous ones) must stop and the reality must bight.

Us doubters got pelters but doesn't mean we don't want him to succeed. In the meantime I will stick with acknowledging his good 'moments' while 'still waiting' for the next level missing piece of jigsaw player the fanboys promised.
Perfectly put HOTM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.