Classic Rock (Phil Collins lives, run for the hills)

I don’t think the A to Z has generated the chat about Classic Rock like the Polls achieve.
Maybe end this series covering X, Y and X in one hit.
I do have another idea though :-)

What about Z?

Good idea to finish with a combo.

I don't know if this thread needs to genrate loads of regular traffic but it's here for those of whose who have something to say about Classic Rock without the Smiths' fans getting involved.

Well if we're going for everything that's left, one of the best albums of the last decade was American Man by The Yawpers.

Started to go through the list but could not see an obvious one but probably someone mentioned it. Thin Lizzy. Lynotts mother Philomena owned the famous Clifton Grange Hotel in Whalley Range just down the road from my uncle. So in memory of Phil, Philomena, my uncle(a Blue), and a classic on the jukebox in my local in Islington as a student...

A to Z of Classic Rock
The Letters X,Y and Z

XTC
XYZ
Yes
The Yardbirds
Y&T
Neil Young
The Zombies
ZZ Top

and my favourite by a Country mile and using every other letter is Yes.
That period between The Yes Album and Going for the One has no equal imho.
The intro to Awaken still sends me on an other world journey.
Roundabout and Parallels are great rockers and The Gates of Delirium the best epic track.
Chris Squire - God of Bassists.
I could go on ......,

I might have mentioned it before but any Rush fans on here, the European fan convention 2022 is on in Chester next month, so if you’re interested, get on it asap.

(Though maybe less so if you’ve got a ticket for Spurs home).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.