Plan to suspend the Metrolink line to the stadium?

As someone coming in from the Eccles side, the New Islington stop surely would not be big enough to cope with the trams especially after picking up at Piccadilly Gardens and Piccadilly.
Also would it not create more of a bottleneck with away fans walking back to the station

I’d rather lick a toilet seat than get on a tram from Ashton on a match day.

When I see it slowly screech past me at 5 mile an hour and everyone’s rammed inside, I just think Christ almighty.
for us coming in from Ashton,its ok arriving but dangerous going home
i always let the crowds go down before getting it home

I am not understanding why if the tram can go as far as New Islington why it can't go a stop further to City? If the work is at Piccadilly, how does it run to New Islington?

Not a fan of the tram either. I make a point of never getting it but I can see that for people who live close to the line it must be convenient. I don't like how its crammed to capacity and by the time a tram comes you could be in town and there are loads of buses.

Still confused how HS2 from Crewe to Manchester would go anywhere near Ashton? I thought the original route was through Didsbury, Fallowfield, Longsight and Ardwick?

As someone coming in from the Eccles side, the New Islington stop surely would not be big enough to cope with the trams especially after picking up at Piccadilly Gardens and Piccadilly.
Also would it not create more of a bottleneck with away fans walking back to the station
Could be the trams would run New Islington to Ashton while Picc is rebuilt for HS2.

It's to do with the work they need to do at Piccadilly to accommodate HS2.
But he is saying trams will still run from New Islington to town, presumably through Piccadilly? He says there will be no trams from New Islington to Ashton with a replacement bus instead?
Can’t see how HS2 would affect that, seeing as the route goes nowhere near there?
Maybe he has got the wrong end of the stick

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.