Classic Rock (Phil Collins lives, run for the hills)

Take a listen to The Cold Stares - the albums Mountain and Ways are both great blues-rock albums.

Couldn't relate to Young Heart Attack, but did The Cold Stares, thanks.

I listened to six tracks and if I were to criticize, they sounded a little 'samey'. The singer has a Chad Kroeger (Knickelback) sound to him.
I'll put some more on when I'm working and see how it goes.

Listened to a few snippets and sounds interesting so I've purchased a used cd.
Nice. Hope you enjoy it.

I’ve listened to their other albums and whilst they are OK, this is clearly the standout. Their singer, Nate Cook, sounds like an interesting fella, but maybe I’ll leave my thoughts for if and when I nominate it in the Album Club.

Reactions: OB1
Zon: Put on the Show. (Bit of a Styx rip off)

Zebra: Tell Me What You Want

Both are first tracks on debut albums
Well, 50% success rate ain’t bad. The Zon track I could take or leave, that Zebra track is brilliant. Massive sounding guitar although on the YouTube clip I played the overall production didn’t sound great. Interesting reading about the line up & instruments played for a 3 piece band.
Cheers; will deffo explore more of Zebra.

Well, 50% success rate ain’t bad. The Zon track I could take or leave, that Zebra track is brilliant. Massive sounding guitar although on the YouTube clip I played the overall production didn’t sound great. Interesting reading about the line up & instruments played for a 3 piece band.
Cheers; will deffo explore more of Zebra.

Try Circus by Zon before you give up.

New Idea !
Just a thought to pick two albums by any band to compare and contrast.
Ideally they will have the same number of tracks but if not take out the weakest track of one to even the numbers up.
Compare the tracks in running order.

Close to the Edge v Relayer.
A nice one to start as only three tracks each.

Gates of Delirium is probably in my Top Five ever Yes tracks. Mainly in three parts and showcases every aspect of Yes including the unbelievable “Battle” or Mid section. Squire, Howe and Anderson on top form and the closing “Soon” is a perfect ending.

Close to the Edge
For many a Yes fan the best album. I really like the title track but for me it lacks the musical prowess of GOD despite the presence of Wakeman.

Soundchaser.
Again an absurdly brilliant show of skill but it’s a bit too jazzy at times and angular.

And You and I
Beautiful song and a Top Ten Yes track for me. Evens the score up.

To be Over.
Possibly the weak link on Relayer. It balances up the album with its more refined and calm structure but rarely played live.

Siberian Khatru.
In contrast a very popular live track and part of the Yes staple diet for years. Great licks from Howe make this the winning goal

Close to the Edge 2 Relayer 1.
However does the sheer might of Gates of Delirium make it a more favoured album ?

New Idea !
Just a thought to pick two albums by any band to compare and contrast.
Ideally they will have the same number of tracks but if not take out the weakest track of one to even the numbers up.
Compare the tracks in running order.

Close to the Edge v Relayer.
A nice one to start as only three tracks each.

Gates of Delirium is probably in my Top Five ever Yes tracks. Mainly in three parts and showcases every aspect of Yes including the unbelievable “Battle” or Mid section. Squire, Howe and Anderson on top form and the closing “Soon” is a perfect ending.

Close to the Edge
For many a Yes fan the best album. I really like the title track but for me it lacks the musical prowess of GOD despite the presence of Wakeman.

Soundchaser.
Again an absurdly brilliant show of skill but it’s a bit too jazzy at times and angular.

And You and I
Beautiful song and a Top Ten Yes track for me. Evens the score up.

To be Over.
Possibly the weak link on Relayer. It balances up the album with its more refined and calm structure but rarely played live.

Siberian Khatru.
In contrast a very popular live track and part of the Yes staple diet for years. Great licks from Howe make this the winning goal

Close to the Edge 2 Relayer 1.
However does the sheer might of Gates of Delirium make it a more favoured album ?
Close to the Edge, all day, every day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.